Google Places - 2 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

Hi guys,

Here's a question - what happens if you have let's say an office in Dublin & Cork, does this mean you have to create 2 Google Places for your business listing or say Dublin is my primary & I also trade in Cork.

What you think?

paul

Ninja
If you have 2 offices (postal addresses) you can have 2 entries.

ryanoryan

I seem to remember being able to verify a Google Places listing via a landline telephone in the past but now when I am registering my latest clients on it the only option is to verify by mail. Am I only imagining that you could once verify via the telephone?

bober

Are you asking if you 'can' do it or if you 'should' do it? Often two very different questions.

You can view the places policy document here, showing that it's fine to have multiple listings as long as the business has multiple physical addresses in those areas. If it's simply working in those areas (e.g. no physical address), you should use the service area listings instead.

I was asking 'can' just read the terms there looks like you can't have multiple listings on 1 account? 'Do not create more than one listing for each business location, either in a single account or multiple accounts'

link8r

Or if you're really good, you can make your Limerick (or Cork) address show for a Dublin search like I did :)

(apologies for being bold but I really did and its still live - Google shows a map of Ireland to accommodate it - just in case you're wondering how many miles or how absolute it is)

Status
Not open for further replies.