Hols

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdenWeb

What are peoples plans for the hols? I know Mr.Red C is heading East. Anyone else doing anything interesting?

kae

I'll be working away on my KFM project (KFM - Kae's File Manager - an Ajax file browser), and planning for a project we (webworks) will be doing throughout next year.

also, I'll be studying for my postgrad course - I'm doing "advanced database technology" with Open University.

also, I intend to drink. a lot.

oh - I'll also take the time to figure out how Firefox extensions are made - could come in useful...

kae

It doesn't need to be something that's new.

For instance, I'm looking at the Firebug project as an example of something I want to hack - the JavaScript profile tool reports function usage in milliseconds, but I want to add in the ability to report in terms of overall percentage.

For a "new" project, though, you could maybe tie an extension into your own CMS in some way, for example...

The Firebug case (Firebug - Web Development Evolved) is what I'm thinking of at the moment. I also don't like some aspects of how Rip (rip.mozdev.org) works, and would like to improve it.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
What are peoples plans for the hols? I know Mr.Red C is heading East. Anyone else doing anything interesting?

I'll be down in Cork for most of the break... I may come back up a couple of days early ... depends on how I feel

louie

I'll be at home with my family (girlfriend & 3 kids) which will make the head cook in the kitchen.
I was hopping to go back HOME this winter but no luck so far so...

Gavin

Heading up North to the family. I wasnt in Ireland for the past three so I am planning to really enjoy this one.

ButtermilkJack

I'll be in Westport with about 15 of my friends (first time in ages we've been able to stay together, and get it organised in November!!) so I'm looking forward to that.

There's also the possabilty of a trip to London for a week in early January before I park myself back the desk so all in all it should be a good one this year!

Hope everyone has a good one!!

ph3n0m

Drinking myself stupid and then deciding do I really want to find a new ***

(just in case people I know read this ;) )

davidbehan

I don't plan on much work happening. From experience: friends, family and alcohol always manage to get in the way over Christmas!! I'm not going to kid myself this year by thinking I might get some work done over Christmas!!!

I'm not complaining though! Get to catch up with friends and family and will be doing a wee tour of the south east for a few sessions with them... back home to Dublin for Christmas, Carlow (blacknight territory) for Stephens Day/Night/Following Morning, Wicklow, back to Navan for a break, party, break, party, break and then Wexford for New Years!

Ho ho ho and a bottle rum... and tequilla... and vodka... and the rest!!! :D

davidbehan

I have some family that relocated to just outside carlow a couple of years ago so we're going down early afternoon for some leftover Christmas dinner, poker game amongst all the lads for a few hours (and if I'm lucky... the lads will be paying for my night out) and into carlow town for the aftermath!!!

Dublin is terrible on stephens day... the local shuts at 6 so best place to go is outside the pale!

dave

Dublin is terrible on stephens day... the local shuts at 6 so best place to go is outside the pale!

My stephens' day last year started at 10.30am with my first pint at Leopardstown Race Course. Was fairly well on leaving at 2pm where we ended up in Leopardstown Inn and drank there till after 12 I think, (time lines were very fuzzy at that point), which was follwed up by a party till the wee small ours.
Took a week to recover, but can't recommend it highly enough. Was a completely insane day.

This year I am staying in on Stephens' Day:D

Status
Not open for further replies.