Status
Not open for further replies.

couponmaster.ie

Hi guys,

I’ve been doing a website dealing in online printed coupons, on which merchants can upload their coupons to advertise themselves. Now I’m glad it was almost finished.

To promote this website, I plan to do something to attract some business, that is, let some merchants upload coupons, almost free, except a little registration fee.

So can anybody give me any ideas what should I do to promote my site to those business. I need many coupons upload to my website now.

Any idea is appriciated!

Cheers!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why would a merchant pay a fee to put coupons on a site with no traffic?

couponmaster.ie

yes, that is the question!

If I cannot collect coupons, I can't promote to consumers for they will never visit my site again if they see no coupons.

So firstly, I need coupons. I can show their coupons for a fairly long time at the beginning.

what do you think?

couponmaster.ie

yes,that might be a goos idea.

But what kind of method to let them know my site and get interested? I searched hundreds of emails of different business, such as gym,restaurant,hairdresser, but received no reply. I'm not good at online marketing/ promotion.

thanks for your suggestions!

zabbo

It's ok to email businesses I think (not ethically)

I had a look at the site and put together some info (from the boards.ie thread)

If I manage to get some time this week, I'll jot down a few pointers for you, as it's an interesting idea, but the fact that you need suppliers is integral to the sites function.

ziycon

No it isn't.

While legally speaking you might get away with one email most ISPs won't allow it. Try it from our network :)
Along the same lines, what do hosting companies think of the mass mailing that a chat forum would do, do they consider it spam due to the volume of mails??

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Along the same lines, what do hosting companies think of the mass mailing that a chat forum would do, do they consider it spam due to the volume of mails??
Most hosts don't consider volumes unless the mails are having a negative impact on performance ie. on a shared machine

couponmaster.ie

It's ok to email businesses I think (not ethically)

I had a look at the site and put together some info (from the boards.ie thread)

If I manage to get some time this week, I'll jot down a few pointers for you, as it's an interesting idea, but the fact that you need suppliers is integral to the sites function.

thanks a lot!
I'm looking forward to your ideas.

paul

Ninja
couponmaster : have you tried linkedin to network , and get some contact in the industry you target ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The rest of us have worked hard to build up our businesses

Spamming is not the way to do it

ringleader

The only way you can get the businesses to join you on your site is to offer to list their coupons for free. Then once you have traffic, you can ask them to pay.

And €30 is a lot for one person to list a coupon, but if you charge companies to list theirs you can have a commercial rate (which can be lucrative if successful!).

Call up big businesses in ireland (like supermarkets and such), and tell them that you will list their coupons for free. If they agree to it, you will get the traffic you're looking for (depending on other factors, of course)

The first step is to get the content, then get the punters.

And the only way to get the content is to call up the people who are offering coupons and get them to let you offer them.

If you want to offer coupons for my dating site for free, I'll be willing to give them. There'd be no way I'd pay to have them offered on a dead site though.

I'm currently advertising in the free Metro newspaper, so there might be business for you in future, but not until you're bigger ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.