Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
What do people use for invoicing?

Since we started we've moved through about half a dozen solutions (and problems) before settling on our current solution - Modernbill, even though we're finding it to be quite lacking in many areas

What are the rest of you using?

grandad

I tried out a series of packages, but none of them really fitted my needs.

I ended up programming my own system from scratch. It's not perfect, but it does the job.

andy142

I'm looking at either Modernbill or freshbooks.com
Freshbooks is looking good but I'd be interested to hear more about Modernbill before I leap!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on your volumes.

If you've only got a handful of clients Modernbill would be complete overkill

andy142

well I have about 900...lots of small invoices. Apart from possible overkill, I just wondered what the shortfalls you mentioned above were? For example is VAT an issue?...I noticed on the Moderbill forum some questions (unanswered) about the ability to turn VAT off for EU cross border transactions (like north-south ireland)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if they've fully resolved that in ModernBill v5. In v4 the VAT setup was always messy and causes headaches!

louie

I created one myself recently for one section of my website (not for my own use) and the feedback seems very good as yet.

ConorP

Modernbill is a giant piece of bloated crap imo.

I used it for a while and while v4 was bloated and slow v5 was a horrible ugly mess. (Should be a beta really)

I switched over to WHMCS and I'm loving it.

hosting365

MB creates more problems than it fixes. We had two instances running, and are now (hapily) back to none. We ended up building our own system from scratch, and the flexibility and future fun stuff it gives is worth it.

nevf

I switched over to WHMCS and I'm loving it.
A friend of mine down under in australia uses it for his company who sell ebooks. He recommended it to me, that and freshbooks. Freshbooks is a little expensive imo though...

Status
Not open for further replies.