Mobile Phones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Hi guys,
Anyone here using a SmartPhone or PDA or any of the more enterprise based mobiles like Windows Mobile, Blackberry, N-Series?

Trying to find out what brand of phone is the going to peak over the rest in the next 24 months or so. The last few months has seen a surge in the enterprise mobile phone market with Windows taking a pop again and iPhone + Android both wanting to take command of the sector.

EdenWeb

Have been using a Nokia E61 and E61i for the past couple of years and like the mobile office / mobile mail solution. It's a pig for browsing the web though and the iPhone handles that much better. The E71 gets very good reviews and PC Suite (the sync software for it) is very good.

The n95 is nice but too chunky for me. iPhone is obviouly very nice but won't allow me to connect to the laptop as a modem and surf / upload & work when on the road.

neweb

Currently using the o2 XDA Orbit,
Great phone, have it a little over a year now and never let me down.

Syncing with your PC is a snip. Plug in the USB cable and walk away, the PC will do the rest.

Its touch screen so no texting while your driving :D
Over all I couldn't be happier with it.

googlebomber76

The Nokia e71 is an awsome business phone, I'd go as far as sayin it's the best Nokia ever....it seems to do everthing (decent camera, sat nav etc) and the battery is good for a few days...I tried and failed to run down the battery in 1 day.....I reckon it'll be huge over the next year or 2....

nevf

working in an o2 shop - appears that the e71 is hitting the market and it's on a roll. it will be a very popular phone, and even it's casing is well designed. defo worth researching.

as regards the PDA style phones - iphone. For another year or two until the market becomes apple-saturated, the iphone will be the top dog.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You can't get an iPhone on a business plan, whereas you can get most of the other "smart" phones without any issue.

nevf

We managed to do this. But our account is worth 10k a month so maybe the bend the rules....

that's what I love about the customer care at o2, they're given a very good level of discretion. Blacknight, if you want, on Saturday, I can talk to the dudes at o2 and see what I can do, but I understand why you can't get the iPhone on that plan..

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
that's what I love about the customer care at o2, they're given a very good level of discretion. Blacknight, if you want, on Saturday, I can talk to the dudes at o2 and see what I can do, but I understand why you can't get the iPhone on that plan..
We asked them specifically about iPhones and they told us categorically that we couldn't get them :(

Now if you can persuade them to see the light ...

aathuls

Sony Ericsson k850i better phone, because it has a 5 mp camera and it also haves good features.It's successful phone in the market. It has color display,MP3 ringtones,photo call and 40 MB internal etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.