Movable Type Blog - Tips and Tricks etc.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I've been working on this a bit over the last few days:

Movable Type 4

I hope to keep it up to date with developments in the wonderful world of MovableType.

I'll also be documenting migration from other blog platforms such as Wordpress over to MT4

Cormac

G'luck with this one Michele.

You haven't stopped raving about MT4 and as a result you have stirred up a bit of interest..

I'm one of those who is interested to hear if MT4 is as feature rich as WP.

Is there a blog post on MT's atlernatives to WP's most popluar plugins on the horizon? I would only consider moving platforms if alternatives to my favourite WP plugins excist on MT.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Cormac

Some of the features that I rely on plugins for in WP are builtin in MT.

Which plugins are you currently using?

Michele

Cormac

I have a few plugins which I don't actually need as plugins, such as no-www. dofollow and feedsmith. They aren't important.

The important ones are
  • Google Sitemamps
  • Adsense Deluxe
  • Socialable
  • TLA
  • Alinks
  • Akismet
  • What would Seth Goodin Do
  • Firestats

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Ok

• Akismet - there's a plugin for that
  • TLA - there's a plugin as well. I'm not sure if the code will need to be changed for v4 of MT
  • Sociable - there's an MT plugin that handles that: majordojo: Promote This! Plugin for Movable Type
  • Firestats - that is php based, so I'm not sure how well it would work with MT. I've also found it to be a performance killer, so I'd probably look into a saner alternative
  • Adsense Deluxe - nice idea, terrible implementation. You can achieve the same effect through conditionals in the MT templates
  • Google sitemaps - there are a couple of plugins for this. If they aren't MT4 compatible yet they probably will be very soon
  • What would Seth Goodin Do - No idea what that does, so I can't say. Do you have a link to it?

Cormac

Yeah, it's a nice plugin. You can have any custom message appear to new users. I think you can include Adsense code in there too.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Someone posted some Javascript that would do the trick, though I haven't tested it as yet ...

I've been keeping track of the plugin releases and some of them are very tasty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.