Status
Not open for further replies.

addoc

if you were to start a marketplace/classified type website, what would be the best way to name it.
Would you name like buyorsell.com, ezbuy etc all relevant names to the sites function. Or a completely non relative name like gumtree, kijiji.
The relelvant names area dime a dozen but relevant (seo friendly??), but other names may stand out, may brand better?
What do ye think.

dude

Some people say use a non relative name like gumtree, but personally I think that's a bad idea.

If you search for "jobs" in Google you will see having jobs in the domain name is probably the biggest factor in the search results.

d-tour

Some people say use a non relative name like gumtree, but personally I think that's a bad idea.

If you search for "jobs" in Google you will see having jobs in the domain name is probably the biggest factor in the search results.

Depends, if your market reach is offline and you advertise heavily offline then an obscure name like gumtree will work.
.e. people talk about amazon at work then look it up later.
But if your market is niche and you rely on web searches for marketing go for a relative name.
Again, it will depend on your market research and business / marketing plan.

Adulu

Mine is too, I use "Adulu" be my domain name
Adulu is island from Papua New Guinea

I am just like this name and i know it seems no domain seo but i thought wouldn't effct too much for my site.

caminowebmaster

currently there is a huge advantage to be gain in having search words contained within your domain name. it drives me nuts sometimes that other domain names that have not worked so hard on serps get better results than me - but that makes it all the more interesting. Though I have found this is a short term issue (1-2years) - after that I find getting ranked for words that I never considered starts to happen - pick what you are happy with and like and then just work smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.