Pages from Ireland and the Google Sandbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drang3d

Has anybody noticed any sandbox like effects from the Pages from Ireland. We dominate all our keywords in the Pages from Ireland index but finding it hard to rank in the main index. I'm convinced this is the sandbox effect but I was wondering if others have had similar experiences. The site is less than 6 months old.

RedCardinal

Has anybody noticed any sandbox like effects from the Pages from Ireland. We dominate all our keywords in the Pages from Ireland index but finding it hard to rank in the main index. I'm convinced this is the sandbox effect but I was wondering if others have had similar experiences. The site is less than 6 months old.

Dominating PFI is generally trivial.

More likely to be competition IMO.

Drang3d

Thanks Richard. I realise PFI is trivial, but I usually find that PFI is a good forecast of your potential to rank in the main index (i.e. Page Titles, Meta Data, etc is optimised good). Of course all this is dependant on the quality of links you obtain. I analysed the top competitions backlinks and where I could I obtained the same link and the ones I couldn't I found similar high quality ones. I think it's down to the age of my site and the age of my links. All the competition have been around 4yrs+ . I read an interview with Aaron Wall where he suggested there might be a google filter for highly competitive words like "mortgages", just wondering what your thoughts would be?

RedCardinal

I'll have to be honest and say I haven't worked with too many new sites of late. But I'd certainly say that the last time I was looking at new sites there was a dampening effect related to trust placed on new sites.

Only reason why I doubt this is what you're seeing is that it would likely affect you (perhaps to a lessor degree) in the PFI. I suppose without knowing the competition and how well you rank in web search it's hard to say much else.

Rgds
Richard

Drang3d

Cheers Richard, no I would agree with you. For the most part non highly competitive words we rank high in the PFI. Our main keywords, I get to a certain level and no matter how many more links I get we can't get passed a certain level.

gav240z

Links and the like.

I'd also add from my own experience that appearing in the global results sometimes requires inbound links from a range of markets. As in websites outside of Ireland.

Also if you have an .ie domain name, your content might not be considered as relevant in global results.

As Richard said, could be hard to say without knowing more about the market or terms your targeting.

Drang3d

Hi Glengara

Yeah they do, some more than others. Euromortgage is the on I'm focusing on. The other one momentum properties, I havent done any real link building with. I suspect my issue is down to domain age and DLR. I'll be looking to fix that over the next few weeks. Can anybody tell me if DLR has a fairly weighty effect over the serps like page titles?

glengara

One oddity is nothing turns up for a "similar pages" search, may not be related to your situation, but is rarely a positive sign...

Drang3d

That is odd. Would that be a sandbox effect? Again it could be to do with the age of the site. Google only found it 2 months ago.

Drang3d

Just thought I'd share my good news. We finally broke out of the sandbox and saw massive jumps in google. We're in position 11 for "mortgages", position 6 for "remortgages", position 4 for "overseas mortgages" and position 7 for "ireland mortgages". These positions are in the main index and not "PFI". It's great to finally see the reward for my work! I think I've earned myself a pint now!

paul

Ninja
good stuff, hopefully you will start to get some traffic. I don't see these positions on google.com though...

Drang3d

Yeah there on google.ie and as we are an irish based company and our main products are aimed at the irish market, thats where we want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.