PetFighter.com - Where Pets Battle for Cuteness

Status
Not open for further replies.

frakilk

Eh Ricardo? You are seeing absolutely no images? Not even the logo? Please let me know. I'm seeing everything fine and have had no complaints yet. How about everyone else?

grandad

You are seeing absolutely no images? Not even the logo?

Nope. And if I right click on the broken image icon and View Image, I get "You don't have permission to access /images/pet/48.jpg on this server." [as an example].

frakilk

Richardo you weren't using an anonymous browser or web proxy by any chance? I used an anonymous browser and was not seeing any images but then I disabled hotlinking and bang the images were back.

grandad

Nope. Bog standard Firefox that I use for all my browsing. The only blocking I have in place is for ads.

Anyway... You must have done something because the images are now there. You didn't change /images permissions???

Will comment on the site at a later stage. Have to go now..... :D

frakilk

Anyway... You must have done something because the images are now there. You didn't change /images permissions???

I disabled hotlinking and that seemed to have worked. Of course this is not the ideal soloution as I want it enabled.

The fact that the hotlinking denial was triggered when you browsed the site is still puzzling me Richardo. It is triggered when images on the site are requested by a domain other than the petfighter domain. So maybe it is the effect of a firefox extension?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting idea

I'd make the logo a bit more prominent and shift the title tags around a bit

Redfly

I remember seeing this a long time ago, thong battle I think it was called. Nice way to "Clean it up".

petfan

Hi

Hi to everybody on irishwebmasterforum.

I am new bie at .irishwebmasterforum.So suggest to me how to use this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.