Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldf

Hi All

I'm really hoping that someone up here can give me some help with this. I have to integrate Realex payments into a website that i built. This is my first attempt to add a payment option to a website, They have already signed up to Realex so i have to use them. What i'm looking for is even basic instructions as to how to integrate the realex payments into the website. I went to the Realex website but they had just sample php scripts to download and no real instructions as to what to set up on the website page etc. ( do i have to create a form on a webpage or do i have to use a shopping cart ? ) , I reckon if some one could explain or point me to a site where it explains what to do i'd be able to manage it, It's just actually getting my head around starting it is the problem. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area but i would be really thankful for any help or advice that anyone could give.

Thanks a million

Paul

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Paul
Realex have quite a lot of documentation on integrating with them. As far as I know there are two basic methods.
One involves a redirect ie. buyer starts transaction on your site and ends it on theirs, while the other implementation is a bit more complicated, but you keep them on your site for the entire transaction.
In either case you might find more info here:
https://resourcecentre.realexpayments.com/ and of course you could always just ask them :)

HTH

Michele

realexpayments

Hi Paul,

Looks like Michele has pointed you in the right direction already, but just thought id confirm the following :

- There are two main integration types that you can carry out to link your customers site to Realex Payments. The most common method is the hosted option (known as our redirect method) whereby the customers payment page is on our secure server. There is no PCI compliance requirements on your side and the customers card details are entered on our side. This would be the most popular integration method and you would not require an SSL certificate either.

The second option that is available is an integrated solution (known as our remote method). This is where the payment page is hosted directly on your own secure server. The card details are entered on your side and a secured message is then sent to Realex Payments for authorisation. You would need to make sure your client has an SSL certificate on their side.

As Michele pointed out, the new Resource Centre is the best place to look through the sample code and developers guides that are in place for these two methods, amongst all of the other services that we provide : https://resourcecentre.realexpayments.com/

Once your customer has set up their contract with Realex, a member of our support team will then call them to provide them with their username/password to access their own test account. This should also be passed to you, providing you are listed as their technical contact.

I hope the above makes sense, please feel free to give us a call on the office number if you have any further questions, 01-2808559, where any member of the support team will be able to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.