Recommendations for headphones??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briask

Noise in work is getting to me between printers printing, shredders shredding, coffee makers making, gossipers gossiping (nice legs though!
), so am on the lookout for a good set of headphones, maybe with noise cancelling...

Any recommendations?

Also posted over on webmastertalk...

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I'm in the same boat ... only I'm listening to pink noise while I work :D

I find it very relaxing ...

Have a pair of big wireless headphones ... but I want to get some in ear headphones as the wireless ones flatten my hair :p

garycocs

Ya let me know the outcome of this one, it's annoyign trying to pic up a pair for my macbook and there doens't seem to be much!

Forbairt

I just bought 2 of them ... one for each ear :D
(newfangled inventions)

I'll let you know how it all goes and how soon I get them.

If there are any problems I'm blaming you Emmett :D

musicformedia

Musicformedia does not endorse this product, and shall not be held responsible and liable for any content, products or services on or available from such Websites. :)

edit: OMGZZZ!!!!!1111oneoneone!! Forbairt abusing his mod powers

n3tFl0w

I'll let you know how it all goes and how soon I get them.

I will be awaiting your report with great interest o forbairt! If it confirms Music's first glowing reveiw then I too shall join the ranks of earphone wearing people.

Forbairt

I will be awaiting your report with great interest o forbairt! If it confirms Music's first glowing reveiw then I too shall join the ranks of earphone wearing people.

It almost makes me thinkg now that I'll have the 3 euro headphones if I shouldn't spend a few hundred on a player :d

aarathy

My Etymotic ER-6 Isolator earphones are excellent at both sound reproduction and noise isolation.Price of this is affordable.

Forbairt

my headphones arrived .. happy enough with them ... they are headphones :D

Bought two sets ... (decided I might as well at the price)

Will let you know about noise cancellation later on ... though I can't hear that much right now ... when the wife gets home I'll let you know how the noise cancellation goes

*runs* :D

Briask

I ended up buying a set of Sennheiser noise cancelling headphones from Peats
Peats: Sennheiser PXC150 Portable Headphones, much cheaper than Pixmania and some other sites I checked.

They work wonderfully for me, they drop the reasonably loud background noise of air-con, printers, fans etc down to a mere whisper and while I can still hear people talking around me but it is nowhere near as loud, intrusive and distracting as it was.

Not cheap, but loving them.

jaibin

I suggest Sennheiser PX 200 head phone. This earpad head phone is inexpensive and is very easy to transport. It have closed designs that cover the ears, they are never fully sealed. As a result, they're generally very comfortable and less prone to overheating ears than full-size headphones. However, they are also less effective at noise isolation than in-ear or full-size models, and offer less powerful bass compared with full-size headphones.

aathuls

Sennheiser HD-555 audiophile Headphones is the better quality and it use an internal surround reflector to generate an extended spatial sound field, making it the ideal headphone for home theater and music.

Status
Not open for further replies.