Recruitment Company Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

Ninja
I'm not a great fan of the color scheme and the use of color. Too much green (and I love green). OUCH , my eyes. Sorry.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I'm not a great fan of the color scheme and the use of color. Too much green (and I love green). OUCH , my eyes. Sorry.

+1 ... contrast .. is just way too ouch ...

Apart from that ... it looks slightly dated I'm sorry to say ...

defeated

Believe it or not I'm with you on the colours. I was given a template constructed with tables to start with and commited some grevious offences with colours in the first incarnation. The boss liked it though, so it while I toned it down a bit (I know that's hard to believe but it's true!) the overall effect had to remain the same when I reconstructed the site.
I am interested in the 'dated' comment. Is there anything in particular or is it the feel of the site as a whole?
What would you do to 'update' it?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The colours are foul

I didn't even get past the first page and had no inclination to read the text - and what's with the blinking stuff on the left?

defeated

If you mouseover the blinky bit on the left in ie7 (or possibly any browser other than ff) you will appreciate the text!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you mouseover the blinky bit on the left in ie7 (or possibly any browser other than ff) you will appreciate the text!

Ok, so basically if I use the browser that you want me to use I can see something on your site?

Michele - who is on a Mac or a Linux machine most of the time

defeated

I use ff. But it doesn't show up in ff. That's fine though because it's only a little bit of humour. It's not crucial that it shows up. Do remember that I've only been doing this for less than a year and am completely self taught! Give me constructive criticism... help me learn. I've already explained that the colours are out of my control now... give me something I can work with!

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I use ff. But it doesn't show up in ff. That's fine though because it's only a little bit of humour. It's not crucial that it shows up. Do remember that I've only been doing this for less than a year and am completely self taught! Give me constructive criticism... help me learn. I've already explained that the colours are out of my control now... give me something I can work with!

Show them this thread :D

Control will be back with you...

Either they value your input or they are looking for a trained monkey

Give them some guides on accessibility of websites ... :D

Tom

You could space the text at the top bit better (the date, advice center button) it overlaps lines, in Firefox anyway. Also maybe if you just toned down the background and left the rest it would be easier on the eyes, the wider the screen resolution the more that green background becomes distracting. And the light green headers are hard on the eyes against the white, maybe darken them bit more.

trunkMonkey

Control will be back with you...

Either they value your input or they are looking for a trained monkey

Some clients are just impossible to deal with.

They never listen and you are wasting your time trying to explain.

They stick something together in Word and wonder why you can't put that up on the web for them Ahhhhhh :mad:

defeated

And I happen to be married to this client. . . Maybe I can do it subtly over time. Thanks for the spacing suggestion. I hadn't noticed the overlap. I'll sort that tomorrow I think. And I think I may get away with toning down the headers. We are not on high res monitors, but I can see how that would be a problem. hmm. I'll work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.