Status
Not open for further replies.

Maksymus007

Programming is my hobby and, I hope, my future job. This is my second blog - I did it myself, using PHP, MySQL and AJAX. Outlook is modified template found somewhere on the Internet.

Maksymus007 Devblog

What do you think?

paul

Ninja
hi, nice blog, fair play for writing one yourself. I think the green text on white is a little hard to see. Maybe it's my eyes and my age.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
so...how to solve it? Maybe some darker green color of text? Or just simply black?

You need to look into colour combinations and design.

Making the text a darker green probably won´t make much difference, as the green background is not that great for text to start with.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
whats wrong with .info? :)
Its cheap..well the same price as .eu or .com or even co.uk :)

.info has become associated with the underbelly of the internet in many people's eyes. If you have a look at the McAfee reports you'll see what I mean

enzo

Not mad about the green colour. Header doesn't stand out in any way.
A bigger problem is that your main side links & google ads disappear and the comments button doesn't work when js is disabled.

Maksymus007

Not mad about the green colour. Header doesn't stand out in any way.
A bigger problem is that your main side links & google ads disappear and the comments button doesn't work when js is disabled.
site is built with AJAX so it require JS. Google ads use JS also, so there is, as far as I know, possibility to make them work without JavaScript..

enzo

site is built with AJAX so it require JS. Google ads use JS also, so there is, as far as I know, possibility to make them work without JavaScript..

Yeah but your links should still work anyway, js or no js! Use the noscript tag if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.