Status
Not open for further replies.

glengara

"Pimp My Site" in the Business section, quotes red cardinal and hosting 365, and was somewhat surprisingly, not too inaccurate ;-)

jmcc

I think that Damien realises the power of blogs when it comes to correcting stuff in the press and worked hard to get things right. The "Pimp My Site" reference might be lost on people who don't watch MTV though - practically the entire Sunday Tribune readership. :)

Regards...jmcc

Gavin

It is a well written article and fair play for getting it in there. Although I disagree with him saying that building links was easy.

Redfly

It is a well written article and fair play for getting it in there. Although I disagree with him saying that building links was easy.

Building links IS easy.

One of the few issues I agree with Dave Pasternack on is that building quality RELEVANT links is NOT easy. And those are the links that really matter.

jmcc

Building links IS easy.

One of the few issues I agree with Dave Pasternack on is that building quality RELEVANT links is NOT easy. And those are the links that really matter.
It seems that SEOptimisers are really the latest reincarnation of the directory reviewers of the old Yahoo/Dmoz days. They had to make the same decisions as to the quality of the links and the relevance to the particular topic. Building a bad directory is easy but building a good one requires a lot more insight. The same could be said for SEO.

Regards...jmcc

glengara

As an article on links in the mainstream Irish press it was pretty good, not so good if a putative client reads it and takes it at face value though.

The near correlation of SEO=links does no one any favours, with no mention of the importance of design or content to the equation, it just makes links appear as the latest silver bullet....

RedCardinal

As an article on links in the mainstream Irish press it was pretty good, not so good if a putative client reads it and takes it at face value though.

The near correlation of SEO=links does no one any favours, with no mention of the importance of design or content to the equation, it just makes links appear as the latest silver bullet....
The context required a serious dumbing down of the issues TBH. I was asked about links and only links. I responded as best I could while trying to keep it at a level that could be digested by turbine readers.

It's all good though. People are getting more and more interested in SEO in general, and making money online in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.