Telephone Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Hi,
A friend is planning on bringing his business to the online world fairly soon. He is currently sharing his home telephone number (01-******) with his business.

Does anyone have any expierence of obtaining 1890 numbers and the like. I'm hoping that there is a service which can redirect calls from 1890-****** to either 01-******* or 087-*******.

Also, has anyone used a professional answering service?

davidbehan

Funny you should ask about 1890... I've just been giving out about them on my blog!!! :D

If your friend wants to go ahead with it anyway, 1890 is the one to go for. They are easy enough to get. Go to BT and get it off them. I think it costs €5 a month for the number and you only pay extra for mobile calls made to the number. You point that number to your landline and away you go. It's very simple to do but why not just stick with the 01 number?

Rgds, Dave

Cormac

Cheers Dave, thanks for the info.
It's very simple to do but why not just stick with the 01 number?

If the company expands he may move to an office, so he will then require getting a second phone number. If his missus is at home during the day it might confuse potential customers if she doesn't give a proper business greeting. And finally, you can only have one voicemail on the line so that would add to the confusion too.

David, did you get a professional voice over on your 1890 number?

Status
Not open for further replies.