Thank crunchie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdenWeb

mmmm. Friday evening. Strange polish beer at hand. Learning new CSS stuff and setting up a new forum.
Is that really sad?? :eek:

louie

No, not really. You are only back from Aldi ot Lidl aren't you?

Gavin

Well if it is I am just as sad cause I am doing the same but its Bud I have and a chicken burger in the other hand.

Gotta love Fridays.

louie

Happy for you guys.
I am stuck in the house (which I don't mind at all actually) babysitting my 2 boys cause my girlfriend and my daughter went shopping.

Gavin

Yeah baby sitting while you are glued to the monitor. I can just picture two wee ones tearing up the house as you browse online :rolleyes:

louie

They do that in school and t be honest without bragging about they are both top of the class, otherwise.... "I would take the army down from the attic."

Redfly

This is my first Friday night in about two years staying at home. I'm so depressed about it. Bank Of Ireland messed up and money wont be through until Monday :(

All our friends went back to Ireland or to Basil this weekend for some reason, so we can't even have a party. I feel like such a nerd even writing this!

At least I wont come home tonight drunk and register $100 worth of domain names! (Don't lie... I know you've all done it too)

Redfly

LOL, me too. Got one REALLY nice one tonight.

Tell me this, if you have a client who has one MAJOR competitor, and that competitor uses theirname.ie and they let theirname.com drop....

Is it ok to register the .com name and .... well, have some fun?

Nah, seriously, I would never do that. ;)

Gavin

Tell me this, if you have a client who has one MAJOR competitor, and that competitor uses theirname.ie and they let theirname.com drop....

Is it ok to register the .com name and .... well, have some fun?

Nah, seriously, I would never do that. ;)

Well if its in the public domain after its holding period then why not? To be honest (and harsh) its their own fault if they dont renew a domain they want to keep.

EdenWeb

No, not really. You are only back from Aldi ot Lidl aren't you?

Ack - no chance. I've never been in either " thanks crunchie". Ok - I shouldn't have said "strange" Polish beer as my brother is going out with a Polish girl and she has introduced us to the delights of their fine brew. It might be 4 times the price over here but it's still good.

Great offlicence in Ashford (Wicklow) for those of you down this neck of the woods....

Redfly

Great offlicence in Ashford (Wicklow) for those of you down this neck of the woods....

Ahhh, a country man. (Anything outside the pale is the country). It's well known that the big smoke has the best offies in the country.

Redfly

Mind me asking why you left?
I really love Swords and I cannot wait to get back there.

I was back a few weeks ago. Apparently the cinema is open there and all now.

Oh, and don't forget, the Carnegie Court has that new underground nightclub ;)

Looking forward to working on it.

Redfly

Bought a house down here. No point in living in the commuter belt if you don't have to commute.

I understand. But I like the accessibility to the nightlife. (I'm a nightlife junkie). That's why this job suits me. :)

So you don't miss Swords?

EdenWeb

I miss the cafes and the pubs alright but I really like it down here too. I was down in the Pavs almost every second day..HMV for games, easons for PC magazines, Insomnia for coffee etc. I have family there so I'm there often enough.
I thought you were living in Swords too?

Redfly

I do live there. I'm working here in Germany with some clients for a few months. It's a pretty big project and I'm getting to learn German too :)

I'll be back in Ireland in a few weeks though. I like to meet with my clients every few weeks anyway and I have a few new clients I got through our website who I have yet to meet with. It well for some eh?

I have to say, I really miss Swords though. I cannot WAIT to see what the new club is like. The promoters are BIG, so I expect big things.

I'm hopefully going to buy a house in Swords next year. Prices have gone up 20% in the last few months due to the Metro announcement though :(

I have to speak with my account about that though. Awww... i'm getting all nostalgic now. I was only home three weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.