The Joost Flood Gates are open! I have 999 votes and deducting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

The Joost Flood Gates are open! I have 999 invites and deducting..

Joost is after leaving beta but it's conducting a soft launch by providing its beta testers with 999 invites ala Gmail...

Post a comment here and I'll send out an invite
I have 999 Joost Invites

Runs on both Apple and PCs btw

Redfly

Its actually pretty damn good. Being international I am impressed. Quality is a LOT better than I expected and it is very usable.

Programming is not so great though yet, but I believe they are improving that with some recent major content providers signing on.

Cormac

K, PM me your email address and I'll send you out an invite.
I forgot about that other thread.

Gavin

Cormac are you in affiliation with Joost or something? The majority of my emails at the moment are coming from comments on your blog post. :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's not bad at all!

I saw a presentation about Joost last week from one of the guys who works there and it piqued my interest (thanks to Cormac for the invite!)

The only annoying thing is that the client is only available for PC or Mac. There are reports of people running it on Linux using Wine, but I've never been any good at bludgeoning stuff into Wine

Tom

Tom, PM me your email address and I'll fire you out an invite.`
It won't be until tomorrow evening before you get it though.

Thanks, just sent you a pm with my email.

Cormac

John, as far as I'm aware it's only supported on Intel Macs. No powerPC version is available and I doubt one will be made.

Cormac

Okay guys, invites sent to those who PM'd me and those who posted a comment.

If anyone wants a second invite to give to their loved one, mom/dad, cat or dog then let me know.

Goodshape

I'm actually quite disappointed with Joost.

Granted it's early days and maybe we shouldn't expect any 'killer app' content just yet, but even aside from that - I find the whole interface almost unusable. Fancy and 'TV-Like' for the sake of it, with important features hidden away in layers of context-menus.

An interface similar to the Democracy Player is much preferable, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.