UPC Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Service is quite good ...

There is talk about them bandwidth shaping

I'm on their boggish standard package ... 3mb ... that just got upgraded to 6mb .. so I'm quite happy about that.

They tie you into their service for a year.

VOIP has improved greatly in recent months. Have had down time with them in the past. Customer support / Sales / and so on can be a bit of a joke to be honest. You'll probably have to get the TV package as well with them or you'll have to pay an extra fee on top of the broadband price so you might as well ...

Can I recommend them ... yerish ... :D ....

Remember though ... there'll be contention ... to deal with .. they seem to do upgrades during the day (this was when I was in Galway) which was a ***** when you don't have an emergency back up solution to upload those 3000 files :D

any other questions fire them on

Briask

3mb ... that just got upgraded to 6mb .. so I'm quite happy about that.

Hopefully Forbairt you got upgraded to 10 not 6! as that is the upgrade for the 3mb package.

I have UPC in Dublin for TV, Broadband and phone, use it for personal use not business so don't notice downtimes as much but can't say I've had any serious issues.

Speed has always been good with reasonable ping times for gaming.

Forbairt

Hopefully Forbairt you got upgraded to 10 not 6! as that is the upgrade for the 3mb package.

I have UPC in Dublin for TV, Broadband and phone, use it for personal use not business so don't notice downtimes as much but can't say I've had any serious issues.

Speed has always been good with reasonable ping times for gaming.

I got upgraded to the 6 actually which was the previous offer they were saying would arrive june first .... I got this last week :D so I've just applied again for the 10 ... which should be more than enough for me :)

I do like the unlimited bandwidth though so :)

babyboy808

Got their marketing literature through my door a few weeks ago and thought they were offering the same old crap as everyone else... Boy was I wrong. I might be going with them when they're available in my area next month. It's either UPC or Smart.

Gavin

The only thing that I don't like is that Chorus bounces me via the UK, even to reach a local site.

Apart from that its grand.

Forbairt

I would guess so ...

Probably rolling out to the 5 main cities initially as well ? (but thats a guess on my part)

Status
Not open for further replies.