Status
Not open for further replies.

tracker-man

Hey everyone, I was hoping you could help me with a payment system for my website (still under construction). I am providing an advertising website, users can add an advertisement (just text details to a database) and pay for it through paypal.
I have looked at paypal and how they supply "Buy now" buttons etc. But, after payment I want the user to be directed to a secure page where they can write their advert and submit it to the database. When I say secure I mean that you can only get to this page AFTER payment.
Is there a simple way of doing this? I am a relative newb to web design :)

neweb

You can list the page you want to send clients to in PayPal.
This can be set-up when you create the pay now button.

Using the PayPal tools you can also have a different page for each button you create.

Tom

I don't think it's possible to redirect automatically from Paypal after a payment is made. There is a return to merchant link but it relies on the user clicking it.

I think the best way might be to allow the advertiser to submit their ad first so it is stored (and marked unpaid) in your database and then move them to your payment page. Once payment is received you can manually approve the ad or if using Paypal you can setup Paypals IPN to automatically do it for you.

tracker-man

Thanks Tom, that sounds like it would work.
I think the best way might be to allow the advertiser to submit their ad first so it is stored (and marked unpaid) in your database and then move them to your payment page. Once payment is received you can manually approve the ad or if using Paypal you can setup Paypals IPN to automatically do it for you.
I am meeting a guy later today to talk about creating the database and forms and whatever else goes with it. I don't know where to begin with PHP and MySql but he has used them before and hopefully make something for my situation. Is what you said Tom easy enough to do? Allowing them to submit ads, then have them approved by a moderator before they are displayed or having them approved automatically when payment is made?

garycocs

I'm using paypal with one of my sites and it automatically redirects to a page on my site, if you need some help with it pm me!

neweb

I don't think it's possible to redirect automatically from Paypal after a payment is made. There is a return to merchant link but it relies on the user clicking it.

PayPal will redirect if payment is successful or to a different page if Payment is unsuccessful. You just need to tell it what pages you want it to go to.

Its quite dynamic like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.