What Percentage of your Christmas shopping will you do online?

• 80% - 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60 - 80%

• 40 - 60%

• 20 - 40 %

• 0 - 20%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member

Just wondering what people are doing ...

n3tFl0w

I'll be doing more this year online then I ever had as I was able to work out out what people wanted early and made a list. Knowing what your buying always makes it easier I suppose but especially online.

nevf

Dunno yet - probably under 20% - I'm an impulse buyer.

After seeing how companies like play.com screw people with their currency rate, and the fact that shipping has often being unreliable with many online orders, mixed with the fact that I like buying local (apart from really expensive stuff like furniture).

However, hopefully pimping out my bedroom at christmas to make it study friendly and I'll probably order online from Viking Direct. Thats it really. Maybe Komplett too.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
So which online shops will you be buying from?

Will you be buying Irish or are you more likely to buy based on cost alone?

nevf

komplett, cdwow, computerbits.ie on the irish side and on the uk side play.com (only if i have to), boffer, amazon.

i prefer to buy local to be honest. but if there's a good deal elsewhere, i'll always consider it.

hate ebay - and hate paypal. rip-off prícks.

n3tFl0w

Komplett at least has a few staff here though. Plus cheap, and quality choice. I've never had a problem with them.

It'll be amazon US(even with shipping across the atlantic its still cheaper than uk) and komplett basically. The rest will be offline purchases(like a puppy for the GF :D )

n3tFl0w

Yep. I'm arranging it through the ashtown pound. We're taking a puppy now and maybe one of the older dogs in the new year when we've a bit more room.

Joomla51

Maybe next time!!!

Every year I always intend to do everything online.. but in typical form its always left to late and I find myself joining the race of headless chickens on Christmas eve!!

n3tFl0w

Well... Amazon UK did a number on me. Will never use them again. They send me a mail 2 days before Christmas telling me that an item I ordered two weeks ago wasn't actually in stock and wont get to me until February!

This is why we're in a "recession" - because people can't do their jobs properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.