What to use to update website? (low cost, non-technical)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhitePhantom

Hi,

What would you recommend for someone who has a website which was created in DreamWeaver, but who doesn't want to buy DW to keep it maintained?

This woman created her own website during a DW training course, and it is now live, but she doesn't want the expense of buying DW to maintain it, plus she's not confident about her DW skills - there was a good bit of hand-holding during the course, and she's not so sure about 'flying solo'.

The first thing that came to my mind was Contribute, but just wondering if anyone has come across something else that they'd consider a better option?

Many thanks,
J.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Does it have to be WYSIWYG? I'm assuming it does ..
If they're not technical they really need some kind of CMS ..

MOH

Kompozer maybe?

Some options reviewed here. Note that most of them have some kind of charge. Kompozer is free, as is Seamokey Composer, which seems to be an editor built into the Seamonkey browser.

Also, there's a second list lower down that page for non-pros and newbies, but the options on it don't look great.

WhitePhantom

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I agree that a CMS is ideally the way to go, but that's not an option for her at the moment.

I checked out KompoZer, and it looks perfect for what she needs. That's a very handy list to have, thanks for that!

tomed

Adobe Contribute is much like Dreamweaver and it's only €149 or something silly! A fraction of the cost of dreamweaver and it pretty much does everything Dreamweaver does (and simplified)

Status
Not open for further replies.