Whois Script lookup issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrealindeed

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had trouble with any whois scripts specifically with looking up the availability of .mobi & .eu?

I found a script (the best one out of all I could find) that is simple & effect.
I can have users search for the domain they want, including .ie's to check availability and then send me their results via a form so I can register for them, but having trouble with

PHP:
    "mobi" => array( 
                "server"=>"whois.dotmobiregistry.net", 
                "nomatch"=>"Not Registered", 
            ),     

"eu" => array( 
                "server"=>"whois.eu", 
                "nomatch"=>"FREE", 
            ),
When i do a search for a domain with either .eu or .mobi extension, it says its registered, then i check the whois & not a word about it! I checked the servers but they are correct,

Anyone having similar trouble?

Thanks in advance

unreal

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The .eu whois server is rate limited, so you need to be careful you don't hit their daily limit.

I remember when we used to use WHOIS for lookups that there were problems with matching some of the strings, as "free" would also hit any nameserver or domain containing that string..
Not much help to you though :)

unrealindeed

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the reply Blacknight, I register them all through yuo anyways, so ill just remove the .eu & .mobi from my list & let people know they have to request them separately. Thats always the probem with the freebies... Maybe when/if I reach yuor level I can implement a better script :)

Status
Not open for further replies.