Would this be the future for attracting traffic to your website...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raul

A weird ideea keeps coming back again and again in my head in the last few months so I'm thinking that probably talking about it will help me order my thoughts about this ... and ,who knows , doing something...( to much on my head for the moment )

All started from this : " ... Users with a camera phone equipped with the correct reader software can scan the image of the code causing the phone's browser to launch and redirect to the programmed URL..." ( a part of an old email from a friend )

That's the exact text which I found later here : QR Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After that I found this : QR-Code Generator

and this : The Kaywa Reader

Would anybody else is thinking on the same wavelenght as me ?

Can this be the future in advertising ? ( Or probably is already ? )

P.S. I'm not sure that's the right place to write this ( Work/Life Balance ? ) and if is not I hope somebody will move it where should be !
Thank you !

sparky

At some point this will become popular but you have to be careful not to dedicate too much time to it until it gains traction.

Rgds

cgarvey

Can this be the future in advertising ? ( Or probably is already ? )

Already big on all sorts of printed advertising in Asia (from matchboxes to billboards). I've had some positive feedback on my inclusion of QRCodes on url.ie, but around 85% of it is from Asian users.

Google Charts has an easy to use API for QRCodes (including the various option like matrix size, etc.). That's what I use on url.ie, so I can't track the actual usage/clicks of QRs but I had some JavaScript on there for a while, which confirmed what I thought; and that's the low usage amongst EU-focussed URLs (light usage in DE, being the exception), and some decent usage in Asia-specific URLs.

I use it quite a bit as the quickest way to transfer a URL from PC to my mobile.

raul

I know I shouldn't start a thread and ignore it after and I apologize for not replying earlier but I really had no time lately.
I'm still trying to assimilate everything about this QR Code and I'll continue this discussion when I'll have more time and more infos about it
Thanks for your answers and sorry ,
R.

Status
Not open for further replies.