www.carlow.pl - drupal based Polish and English Carlow Town web portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacKozer

Halo again.

I would like to introduce to you a community town website - a portal as we call it in Polish. Polski serwis internetowy miasta Carlow w Irlandii - Carlow.pl is a webservice based on Drupal CMS with many changes in the design added by me in one of the available themes. It has been available on line for last 4 months and thanks to that at least Polish community became more integrated and they got a lot of information on Carlow Town. The main idea was to provide as much accurate as possible information about every facility, office, entertainment, places worth visiting etc. in Carlow Town (and maybe in whoel county in the future).

There are couple of mods installed in the basic drupal instalation (including views, google maps, google sitemaps, content construction kit, path auto and many more).

There are some issues I haven't solved but I - let me say - walked arround the problem (sorry for my poor English). First of all is a problem of bilingual service. There was a mode for bilingual services but it was crushing whole site. I have decide to set up two independent services: Polish one - Polski serwis internetowy miasta Carlow w Irlandii - Carlow.pl and English one - Carlow Web Community Portal | Carlow.pl | English version.
Since the originally installed drupa forum mod is to complicated and looks rather awkward I have decided to install Simple Machines Forum, and SMF mod for drupal. Forum clips both services. User accounts from SMF are copied to accounts to both drupal instalations.

According to Google Analitics site generates about 150 visits per day and about 1000 pageviews par day. There is an Ad Sense installed, but daily incom I am getting from all of my sites (there is about 5, including couple of my blogs) are varies from 1$ to 3$ per day. I would like to find out and to optimize the site as much as possible.

I am not completely familiar with SEO, but I have tried to make Carlow.pl optimized (like the paths to the subpages). Unfortunatelly SMF is very hard to optimize. SEO for SMF mod crushes the whole forum.

I hope you find the site usefull and I am waiting for critical opinions what should I do to make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.