Accommodation Booking Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevf

Got a new client today. He works in the hospitality industry(bed and breakfast, accommodation), and i was given a few niche jobs around the premises.

He's using a system where on a remote site, all his booking goes through (Trip Advisor is the website). Whilst this is nice and handy, i feel there might be something better out there.

He has 9 apartments that are usually chip and chop, one night stays, and he's busy doing that most of the time, however, when it's not busy, he breaks some of the apartments into rooms and does accommodation that way.

He basically, just asked me to research and see is there a better way of doing business than using the way he has now. He's happy with the way it is, and he's only willing to change if there's a better way of doing it.

Is there any other method of doing it, preferably on his own website, but it doesn't matter all that much if it's hosted remotely.

Just putting it out there and open to suggestions from people better knowledged in this area than me. Thanks, Nev.

hughdurkin

Drupal has a module called OpenResort, which looks pretty good. It'd be easy to customise output with CCK and Views so should be easyish to get something nice up and running. Only thing is, the latest version is only Drupal 5.x compatible, and we're nearly at Drupal 7 now, so the maintainer is obviously on a big long holiday!

johnpers

Bookings from both your own website and from hotel portal websites

We are using this one: Sirvoy? - an easy to use hotel booking system to manage your hotel reservations
It gives us a booking engine on our website and we can still advertise a few rooms on sites such as trip advisor, or booking.com which is the one we're using. We still have to register the booking.com-reservations manually in sirvoy, but it still makes it easier to keep track of everything.

ertankucuk

Hi, I think you should consider such things as multi-language support, ease of use, flexibility, and a chane to opt-out when you find out that you have made the wrong choice. For these reasons I wouldn't recommend you to "buy" the booking engine. Pay-per-reservation solutions are better. check this for example

Status
Not open for further replies.