Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone else found themselves dropped from affiliate programs with little or no explanation?

Gavin

More times than enough and without notification. I think CJ have dropped me over 4 times already.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
In this instance I got a notification, but no explanation. It just annoyed me as I was actually sending them traffic that was converting. It may not have been giving them hundreds of leads, but I don't understand why they'd suddenly cut me off as I wasn't doing anything odd

Redfly

The same one you had issues with

LOL, scumbags. I thought as much. I know we cannot discuss this merchant on this board but seriously, the "affiliate manager" for that merchant is an obnoxious, despicable and incredibly rude human.

They will have a very large competitor this year and if TradeDoubler continue down the road they are taking now, we'll have PLENTY of alternatives to that merchant.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I spoke to Buy.at this afternoon and they're meant to be sending out an email about the goings on with the merchant in question.

Seemingly the merchant in question axed loads of affiliates without warning anyone!

Redfly

I spoke to Buy.at this afternoon and they're meant to be sending out an email about the goings on with the merchant in question.

Seemingly the merchant in question axed loads of affiliates without warning anyone!

I'm delighted to hear about that. Those doing solely affiliate and don't have to answer to anyone might blog about it.

At least I got paid for the valid leads I sent them.

There are 2 or 3Very good alternatives.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm annoyed as I hadn't taken down the links / banners and was probably still sending them leads. I wasn't sending them huge numbers, but everything sent was valid

grr!

Redfly

I'm annoyed as I hadn't taken down the links / banners and was probably still sending them leads. I wasn't sending them huge numbers, but everything sent was valid

grr!

I know, it's real cheeky.

Thing is, they might not need the customers as much now. When competitors come (and they will) their customer base will diminish because it's such a rip off, they will want affiliates promoting them again and no-one will touch them.

I wonder if the men upstairs know how much of a balls their "affiliate" manager is making of their program and how bad a reputation he is building for them?

Kier

It's always a shame when a merchant treats their affiliates thoughtlessly. My advice is always to reply to them, be polite and explain where you think they're going wrong. It's not uncommon for employees with little experience with affiliates to be given the job of managing the program which can cause issues. If this doesn't work then contact the network and they should sort it out for you. If that doesn't work a lot of affiliates will take it to a public forum, not sure why you can't name this merchant specifically maybe for legal reasons.

Either way, hope you get it sorted out.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't

They dumped me from their programme without any explanation and I am not impressed

I feel sorry for the guys in buy.at, but the promised explanatory email is yet to arrive, so my level of sympathy for them has dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.