Analytics Oddness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone seen a situation where analytics doesn't log all the visitors to a site?

I was checking our account and the numbers don't add up at all. I suspect that the code wasn't being invoked properly, as there were a couple of other things in the same HTML block that were being called, but I'm not sure

dereko

Has anyone seen a situation where analytics doesn't log all the visitors to a site?

I was checking our account and the numbers don't add up at all. I suspect that the code wasn't being invoked properly, as there were a couple of other things in the same HTML block that were being called, but I'm not sure

I suspect they have filters for what they consider robots. I have noticed the same thing though. I run bbclone (BBClone - A PHP based Web Counter on Steroids) beside it so I can get a feel for real time traffic which i love and some times it appears to have recorded more people than analytics has.

Again though please please please google, offer real time stats. It think its crucial so you can react to any mistakes in changes to sites or advertisments etc.

louie

You might also have pages where the code is not added like the administration area, where awstats is recording the hit but google doesn't.

Redfly

I have been in touch with Google about this.

Have a look at your paid search keyword reporting in GA. It's simply not working.

Here is their reply.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your email.

I understand you are having some difficulties with your Analytics. I am
sorry to hear this. This is actually a known issue and it is being
examined by engineers.

We hope to have a quick turnaround to the issue, however, there is no set
time for its resolution.

We apologise for any inconvenience experienced.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've reported this issue to
our engineering team. Please note that it may take some time to resolve
this issue. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

If you have additional questions, please visit AdWords Support at
https://adwords.google.co.uk/support, where you will find answers to many
frequently asked questions. Alternatively, you can call us on 0845 358
0038 and we'll be glad to help you.

Sincerely,

Ollie S
The Google AdWords UK and Ireland team

Status
Not open for further replies.