Status
Not open for further replies.

silentloki

Carphonewarehouse.ie

new design... new system... have a look.. anythought?

btw i had serious serious problems trying to post on this forums this morning in firefox ,, finaly got it to work in ie7... guys seriously drop all the premissions etc! I had to re-registor and everything

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
First thing that hits me ... is the listings of phones if the title goes to two lines makes the whole thing screw up slightly ...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The text is too small - I'm practically squinting to read it

"See STORE LOCATOR section" - what's wrong with proving a functional link instead of making me work?

And who hardcodes in fonts like this:
Code:
<font face="TimesNewRomanPSMT">

That's not even a commonly available font and simply looks terrible PLUS you haven't offered any downgrade option for those of us who might not have it on our computers

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
I had to re-registor and everything

You'll never learn how to spell register lad will ya!

You know most of my opinions already but just noticed that there is no ssl on the pages where you enter you address etc in the cart, until you get to the world pay site.

Tom

Looks good but I don't like the small light gray text on the descriptions, it's a bit hard on my eyes, a darker shade might be better ( for me at least :) ). One of my major pet hates is websites that have huge bodies of text formatted like that, it's fine for stuff like small print but not the best for main content.

matt-dublin

is that an oscommerce skin?

its nice but, the grey text on white is difficult to read, i would go for a navy or darkey grey.

You phone company logos seem a little pixelated are they being resized by html?

on your links on the left i would suggest changing the background colour or the text colour with css on hover.

the underline looks a little dated for the site.

Apart from that its nice and validates.

RedCardinal

Carphonewarehouse.ie

new design... new system... have a look.. anythought?
Posted this over on CreativeIreland, so may as well stay somewhat loyal to IWF:

Big improvement. Few issues I see:
1. breadcrumb line breaks on http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/product.php/102/sony_ericsson_k550i/baa03f22ae3d9dc70773948d719d82a5
2. That URL is going to be a bit of a dog for search engines with that rather ugly ID
3. Search button is right on top of the search input (ff) - is that by design?
4. Main nav - arrows on each link aren't links. This is counter intuitive. Why not make the entire element a link?
5. Cant find about us or FAQ - deliberate? Most online shoppers tend to read some of this stuff.
6. Cart page http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/cart.php says secure site and shows padlock - but that page isn't behind SSL. Confusing?
7. Email address dsfsa@adfdsf.asdfdsaf was accepted as valid - little bit more logic required there perhaps?

Didn't go any further It will be interesting to see how many people ask how much the shipping is. Even with that banner image I reckon you're going to get a few.

Very clean site - interested to watch how it develops over time, and changes might give some very good indications of what does and does not work ecommerce wise.

Rgds
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.