feedback wanted on portfolio site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really annoying until you figure out you must click on the arrows but after that its a really cool site...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The navigation elements are too subtle - I tried clicking around it yesterday and gave up. It looked like it was just a graphic with no actual links.
Also the arrows only expand - you can't close them again, which makes for a weird experience if you try exploring the site

Zander1983

I didn't see these replies until now (thought my email would be notified). Thanks for reviews guys. @irelandwebsitedesign - Yes we will make the arrows more prominent. @blacknight - what browser are you using? Did the boxes drop open after you clicked the arrrows? The boxes can be closed again, but maybe you are using a browser we haven't tested it on yet...

K

Kieran

have to agree with Blacknight. As a web designer / developr I like the idea but if a customer comes to the site they wont intuitively click on the arrows. I am on Chrome and had to peer before I saw them. Making them more prominent I don't think will make a difference. I think with the hight speed of browsing that people don't register them you nearly have to have click here (or some such) to get the action.

If you were pushing more portfolio work and design then the site would perhaps work on that front. Iwas actually expecting a mouse overt effect when I went to the site (which I do like) perhaps this would work better

Plus I was expecting more pages and well they didn't happen.

Hate to diss a fellow web person but I think you actually need to push some more content out there and perhaps have this interesting leading edge stuff for clients.

Zander1983

@Kieran - Thanks for the feedback. Good point about the mouseover, we will do that. I agree we dont have enough content. Thats why we kept everything on one page. Also we built it like this to demonstrate we can make websites work optimally on mobile. If you look at it on mobile, the 4 columns become one, on ipad the 4 columns become 2. We need to make that point stand out as part of our leading edge.

@Blacknight - We have tested on firefox and worked fine. I would have thought firefox on mac would perform almost identically to firefox on windows..

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
@Blacknight - We have tested on firefox and worked fine. I would have thought firefox on mac would perform almost identically to firefox on windows..
No. There's always been subtle differences between how the DOM was handled across platforms. It's best to get a site as standards compliant as possible to avoid issues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.