Gaining new clients and business ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbee

What's the best way of advertising and marketing your web business ?

I'm just starting a business and I need to get some clients. I'm considering the best paths to take with regards to generating business.

What's worked well for you in the past ?

Redfly

Word of mouth is by far the most powerful. Unfortunately most individuals had to start out with some cheap or pro-bono work to get the foot in the door.

PPC advertising can be effective but prepare to loose a lot of money in finding the balance.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It would also depend on the type of business you are running.

It may be attractive for other companies to outsource their overflow to you, for example.

jennyrusks

Hi there,

Yes, its definitely that horrible catch 22 of trying to get that first couple of clients but it's difficult to get a client if you haven't had any before.

In my own case, I did just as Redfly mentions, a bit of pro-bono and some very cheap labour to build up my portfolio. It's a little bit soul destroying but you learn a lot. On the upside the first client that I built a website for (for practically no money) has come back now a couple of years later for a bigger, better site and is fully aware that it costs more now.

Good luck with it.

Jennifer

Digital Design Cottage : Photoshop and Lightroom Tips, Tricks, Tutorials and Training. Design Inspiration and Resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.