Status
Not open for further replies.

paulocon

Hi all,

I have a website that is growing quite well - it's not short off 500k valid page impressions per month (viewed pages). The site is growing at a nice steady rate and is very community-based. Just wondering if anyone knows of any companies that would secure advertising for such a website (or are the figures too low)..

I have tried the likes of commission junction without too much joy...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Does it serve a particular niche?

paulocon

Haven't heard of them - I see that you are affiliated.
To be honest, I'm more looking for a company that can source ads as opposed to affiliation.

Redfly

;) Thought as much.

In that case, let me strongly suggest having a look at something that's right under your nose. Picasa.

I believe it's now part of the Google pack, but give it a try.

paulocon

Cheers redfly,

Thanks for that. I will take a look at Picasa - haven't tried that as of yet.

I've had AdSense on the website but CTR isn't great compared to some other sites I have out there. Advantage of the site is that it's a niche site and it's audience are easily identified...

Probably the best bet is to let it grow and then try and get a company to sell CPM ads but I don't know what level of Page Impressions I would need to get to for that. The site is still relatively new (6 months or so) and is growing at a nice rate so maybe patience is the key..

Redfly

500k page impressions per month is not really enough to even consider CPM advertising. Also, implementing it now will "alienate" a small portion of your audience.

If your heart is set on CPM advertising, you WILL NOT GET BETTER RATES that with Tribal Fusion. TF are VERY difficult to get accepted into, especially at your age and traffic but no harm trying.

Burst are also good. They are second in our chain. (followed by CPX to fill remaining inventory).

Sitepoint is the best forum to learn about CPM advertising. Seeing it is the "original" model of the web, there are a lot of old schoolers over there to advise.

paulocon

redfly,

thanks for that - excatly the advise I was looking for.

do you know at what level of traffic I should start looking at CPM?

My problem is that I can run AdSense but the nature of my audience is that they are very computer-savvy so I would imagine the majority are pretty much ad-blind. However, on the other hand - I think it's fair to say that a lot of the audience are photography-enthuaists who invest a lot of money into their hobby so that's where I though CPM would be a runner (e.g. Ads for Nikon's latest DSLR Camera/Lens etc)..

Redfly

redfly,

thanks for that - excatly the advise I was looking for.

do you know at what level of traffic I should start looking at CPM?

My problem is that I can run AdSense but the nature of my audience is that they are very computer-savvy so I would imagine the majority are pretty much ad-blind. However, on the other hand - I think it's fair to say that a lot of the audience are photography-enthuaists who invest a lot of money into their hobby so that's where I though CPM would be a runner (e.g. Ads for Nikon's latest DSLR Camera/Lens etc)..

Level of traffic? That depends on what advertisers are out there. My very first one was one million impressions a month and IIRC I only got like $20 a day from that! But that was in a VERY VERY low paying niche. Yours will be likely a lot more.

Your best bet is just applying for the networks and seeing how it goes.

Chitika seem to have a lot of photography offers, you might want to have a look at them too.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You might find some relevant affiliate programs as well.

I'm currently getting a couple of hundred euro a month via one program which only takes up one little link on a site :)

paulocon

Have tried a few affiliates without much joy - it's something I must put a bit more time into to give it a proper chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.