Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Murray

Hello all,

First off my apologies if i'm posting in the wrong area (i couldn't see a more appropriate location)

I am responsible for a corporate website. We are looking at using video on our site. Mainly for communication purposes at varying levels it may be the Chief Executive or could be from anywhere in the ranks of our organisation.

I've been asked to look at the options available to us.

The 3 methods i have are:

1. use media manager in my content management system (MCMS) to upload an mpeg
  2. use an swf to essentially stream an flv
  3. embed a utube video.
Can anyone give me some advice as to best practice or direct me to good source of reference

In general video will be 30 seconds but could in some circumstances go for longer (video on the intranet could be 30 minutes this may also be used externally)

Coyote1

Some choices for embedding Video files

As its a corporate site perhaps youtube is out.

The streaming and compression you use will be determined by the bandwith. If its for internal use on a LAN then you can use top quality MPG files as the videos are fairly short you should be able to keep them managable.

If its for viewing over the internet from your corporate website then you need to look at the advantages of streaming mpg files.

If you want to have a play around with different quality settings and formats then Format Factory is a really handy tool and can easly convert files to an amazing number of formats (and it's free).
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.