Status
Not open for further replies.

MickyWall

Hi,
A site I developed for a client has been copied, in fact the only differences are the .org, the address removal and phone number changes.

Anyone got any advice?

thanks,
Michael.

Redfly

Contact them (If you can). Then contact their host.

What country are they based/hosted in?

Name and shame?

Cormac

That's a bit too weird. :confused:
The .org is using the .com's CSS file, so if you want to make a point....change the CSS file.

They even have a link back to your site from the .org's footer. Ahh, something strange is going on. It's not your obvious 'i borrowed a bit of this guys website and made my own one' job.

MickyWall

:confused: Very strange indeed. I noticed it when I started looking at Google Analytics and I was getting clicks from their site.

davidbehan

Wanna take down their site? Here's what you do:

Duplicate your main css file (includes/stylesheet.css) and call it stylesheet-real.css. Then link your pages on the .com site to it. Leave the other css there but delete everything in it and add this:

body { display: none; }

This will effectively hide the .org site. A nice little bit of payback.

Rgds,

Dave

Cormac

I would go for the

body
{
background-image:
url('get-your-own-****ing-design-you-shower-of-******s.jpg)
}

approach myself.

davidbehan

That's not a bad idea!!!!! :D

You've got a chance to hit them back as they are hotlinking to you so why not do it!

louie

Is not using your stylesheet. The website has the CSS hosted on their server and changing your own wouldn't help.
What you see in the source code linking to your own stylesheet is just a meaningless tag "tppabs" tag created automatically by the TelePort software used to download websites for local browsing.

Your best option is the send a cease and desist letter and also make sure you let the search engines knows that is not your site, cause it will affect your position in SE.

Some links to report it to major search engines can be found here:

SEO Dealing with Duplicate Content Website Design, Development, SEO, Hosting, Domains Registration |

davidbehan

Is not using your stylesheet. The website has the CSS hosted on their server and changing your own wouldn't help.
What you see in the source code linking to your own stylesheet is just a meaningless tag "tppabs" tag created automatically by the TelePort software used to download websites for local browsing.

Your best option is the send a cease and desist letter and also make sure you let the search engines knows that is not your site, cause it will affect your position in SE.

Some links to report it to major search engines can be found here:

SEO Dealing with Duplicate Content Website Design, Development, SEO, Hosting, Domains Registration |
You're right. I read the source wrong. Pity... you could of had some fun there! :D

tomed

God and I thought I had it bad when this crowd ripped off our old design.... International Marketing, Import & Export (wayback machine - online marketing ireland, web site promotion, internet marketing, search engine marketing, Internet advertising - Welcome to 2bscene: 2bscene Limited - not exactly as it was, but good guide)

The most annoying thing for me now is that under repeated requests for them to remove my statcounter code from their website (which is all i want) they don;t even respond to me.

tomed

I told them exactly what to do! In a detailed email, because i thought the very same when I heard nothing back! lol

paul

Ninja
God and I thought I had it bad when this crowd ripped off our old design.... International Marketing, Import & Export (wayback machine - online marketing ireland, web site promotion, internet marketing, search engine marketing, Internet advertising - Welcome to 2bscene: 2bscene Limited - not exactly as it was, but good guide)

The most annoying thing for me now is that under repeated requests for them to remove my statcounter code from their website (which is all i want) they don;t even respond to me.
Tomed, if you want a hand contacting them maybe I can help, I could call them and talk to them in German. Where is the statcounter code in that btw. ? there is a pic of sergiy here

Status
Not open for further replies.