Status
Not open for further replies.

musicformedia

Hi guys,
I'm trying to get a new website done, but I can't think of a name for it. I basically make music for computer games, films etc. and other types of media (or try to). Now I was going to go for www.musicformedia.ie but someone already owns musicformedia.com, and musicformedia.co.uk

After having a chat with someone legal they said that legal issues may arise in the future if they decide that they don't want me having the same name as theirs. I know theres a lot more involved in it, but I was thinking on maybe going for a different name

Now...the problems arises when I think of a new name. A lot of composers go for composer'sname.com - but to do that, you need to have a semi-well known name. I however, do not, as I am only starting off in this business. I might buy the domain name at a later date of my own name.com, but I want to get a name that stands out, and highlights what work I do - ie. I compose music for media.

Any one any ideas on a good website name for it?

googlebomber76

I want to get a name that stands out, and highlights what work I do - ie. I compose music for media.

Any one any ideas on a good website name for it?

I think mediastar.ie is a cool catch all name and it's available.... ;)

don't wait to long....I might snap it up myself .......

best of luck with the site...

musicformedia

I think mediastar.ie is a cool catch all name and it's available.... ;)

don't wait to long....I might snap it up myself .......

best of luck with the site...

hmm only problem is it doesnt really include music in the title.

I think I will be going for myname.com because I won't be getting my site up on google through SEO anyway, so my site will only be heard of by word of mouth etc. - in the long run its probably better for getting my name out there :)

plus is the cheapest of all the domains and nobody has my name that i've ever met so far :)

n3tFl0w

Maybe mediatunes.ie? There is a mediatunes.com site but its not up to much so you would probably not have to worry?

musicformedia

I'm trying to buy two domain names - both mediascore.ie and soundtrack.ie but have been told that I am not allowed to due to constraints of Irish Domain Registration laws. I tried with register365.com and when I asked the online support agent if I would be able to buy soundtrack.ie for my use as a "natural person" rather than a business, he said I would most likely not be allowed as I do not run a business that needs that domain name - or something along those lines

I currently write music for free for people for films, computer games etc - music for media basically. Now Irish domain laws, from what I can see, basically state that if you are just a "natural person" and not a registered business, you may only have yourname.com, or yourlastname.com or any combination of your name.com

Thats at least on Register365 - Ireland's Domain Registry

From what I can see Web hosting Ireland, hosting ireland / irish web site hosting Ireland / domain registration, dedicated servers, colocation - Blacknight Solutions: Blacknight Solutions is the same - I was looking around on boards.ie and a few people told me that I could just register a business name and not a business, and then get the name as I have already registered the business name.

Anyone ever had problems like this?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
To start with they aren't "laws" they are rules.

If you want to register a .ie for any form of business the simplest solution is to register a business name with the CRO.

Trying to do it otherwise is painful

Powerboat.ie

Gametunes.ie or playtunes.ie ?

If you go to Web hosting Ireland, hosting ireland / irish web site hosting Ireland / domain registration, dedicated servers, colocation - Blacknight Solutions: Blacknight Solutions they have a very useful little search box that allows to to search out domain options very quickly. Some of my better ideas have come from using that little search box !!

Your best bet is to brainstorm out ideas with a few pals and a few beers while online:D. There then follows a mad panic to register once you have that Eureka moment !!!:)

Best of luck !!

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.