Google Spiders - Log Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPC

Cant seem to find any good resources on the behavior of google spiders, perhaps there are none? anyway looking at my log files im trying to figure something out...

Google (74.125.75.19) [Label IP Address]

Mountain View, California, United States, 0 returning visits

DateTimeTypeWebPage
7th February 200916:08:35
Page Viewwww.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.bluewidgets.ie oranger-widgets
www.bluewidgets.ie oranger-widgets

16th February 200919:13:33
Page Viewwww.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.bluewidgets.ie
www.bluewidgets.ie/

so why is google using these type of site commands? Its still a robot/spider right?

hummer

It is a manual google review of your website, I hope you are not up to any trickery :eek:

link8r

Google (74.125.75.19) [Label IP Address]

Mountain View, California, United States, 0 returning visits

DateTimeTypeWebPage
7th February 200916:08:35
Page Viewwww.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.bluewidgets.ie oranger-widgets
www.bluewidgets.ie oranger-widgets

16th February 200919:13:33
Page Viewwww.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.bluewidgets.ie
www.bluewidgets.ie/

so why is google using these type of site commands? Its still a robot/spider right?

This looks like a search Looks like someone is trying to see if oranger appears on your site without the word widgets. I dont think its the search bot, it doesn't use search :p

hummer

It could also be when somebody uses the google translate website function, google fetches the page using one of its ip's. Also people using google mobile.

This looks like a search Looks like someone is trying to see if oranger appears on your site without the word widgets. I dont think its the search bot, it doesn't use search :p

MPC

maybe thats it. I've got different answers to this everywhere I asked it.

All my google spider visits come from Berlin these days.

It could also be when somebody uses the google translate website function, google fetches the page using one of its ip's. Also people using google mobile.

hummer

Try it yourself, translate your site via google translate then look in the logs.

I run a few good car hire sites if you want to to a link up ?:)

maybe thats it. I've got different answers to this everywhere I asked it.

All my google spider visits come from Berlin these days.

MPC

Thanks man, tried it but it still shows as a visit from my ip rather than Googles.

Try it yourself, translate your site via google translate then look in the logs.

I run a few good car hire sites if you want to to a link up ?:)

vsl.online

Spider Behavior

This is something that really wonders me. I really don't know how the Google spiders really work, cause I've read a lot and none of them really says definite answers. Does this mean that they act in random and there is no pattern?

I think they intended it to be unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.