Status
Not open for further replies.

ph3n0m

I have already managed to play on an iphone - and I really hate it, it is not built for the man with stubby/chubby....oh smeg it, fat fingers. Took me ages to finally get the touch screen to understand I want to use the letter "U" instead of J, H, Y and I which it insisted on doing.

Also the fact that it doesnt support WML scares me beyond belief - even my current Sony Ericsson can do that

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I think I'll wait until they've released at least one update.

In any case I love my N95 too much :)

lostie

I cant imagine this network unlocking loophole to be around for much longer anyhow, they're bound to come up with something harder to crack. And by the time it officially reaches ireland (due 2008 i think? rumor has it O2 wish to get the network excusive deal over here) I think it will be a lot better than the one thats available now since they'll surely have added a few more features like 3G to it. So basically my thoughts are if you want an iphone, wait it out. If i could get any phone at the moment, i'd get the N93 Nokia Ireland - Nokia N93 - Product support - Get support and software - that twisty screen does it for me, and it records dvd quality mp4's.

lostie

Yeah its a bit bigger alright. Nokia clamshell's tend to be. I have a nokia 6260, it was state of the art 2 years ago when it was released, bit behind the times now though. It has a double axis rotatable screen though and its a smartphone (and i can do a few cool tricks on it like change the channel on a tv - leaves people mystified). It always baffles me what a small range of phones the irish networks sell on pre pay, to get any of the top nokia phones on pre-pay you have to get them sim free off the net.

iPhone

8GB Unlocked Apple iPhone Now Available

Hi Guys,

You can buy an Unlocked 8GB iPhone from Unlock That iPhone for 449euro. The are using iphonesimfree.coms unlocking software on the phones. The're Irish based so at least no import tax.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys,

You can buy an Unlocked 8GB iPhone from Unlock That iPhone for 449euro. The are using iphonesimfree.coms unlocking software on the phones. The're Irish based so at least no import tax.

There is absolutely no contact information on that site and the pre-order form has zero validation.

Why do I feel no confidence in them?

iPhone

I dunno mate, i e-mailed them with a few questions yesterday and they got back straight away!! They said i can pick the phone up in person to make sure it works if i want!!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno mate, i e-mailed them with a few questions yesterday and they got back straight away!! They said i can pick the phone up in person to make sure it works if i want!!

Well they aren't compliant with Irish and EU law regarding online trading, as they are not supplying any contact details on their site apart from a form to email.

As I said, maybe they're wonderful, but there is no way that I would buy from a site like that or suggest that anyone else would.

If they're above board why can't they supply proper contact details?

Even the domain's whois details are dodgy

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member

Ah but wait now. Isn't it a little bit coincidental that the email associated with that domain is also the one associated with your login here?

So basically you're just spamming your link around the place

Lovely

lostie

And on that note, i think i'll wait until iphones are officially released over here before even considering buying one. This whole iphone unlocking backdoor will unload a lot chancers looking to make a quick buck.

lostie

hmm thats weird! none of the links from my history work and the url i landed on first ÆóÒµµç×ÓÓÊ¾Ö is a totally idfferent language to what it was this morning! i suppose the sites down. Does anyone know a a good site for cheap sim free phones cos my one broke this morning and i think its time for a new one.

googlebomber76

Don't bother with the iphone, I had my 3 Ireland sim up and running in a LG KU990(Viewty).
As far as camera phones & mobile web goes this phone is going to be huge....it's missing wifi but besides that it's an absolute gem of a phone....I was downloading music and vids in minutes....It makes the N95 look like something you'd hammer nails with....Ohh and it didn't crash once.(Unlike my Nokia N73, E65 & N95)...
put it on your christmas list...I think when it hits Ireland officaly, it might be exclusive to 3....

Status
Not open for further replies.