Low price dot info (.info) transfer and renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.

helloname

Below is the list of registrar offer .info domain renewals and transfer in low price. It's best to those who panning to transfer and renewals their .info domain. Hope you can save some bucks, enjoy!

Renewals: -

Godaddy.com
Price: $8.19
Coupon: Just tested with several coupon but no one work with .info renewals, maybe price cut coupon is applicable for large order but never tested yet.

Name.com
Price: $7.99
Coupon: No coupon is required

Mydomain.com
Price: $7.61 (As low as $5.99 if large quantity)
Coupon: HTMLI.INFO (15% discount)

Moniker.com
Price: $10.95

Domainsite.com
Price: $7.88

Dynadot.com
Price: $8.95

Transfer: -

Name.com
Price: $7.99

Godaddy.com
Price: $7.19
Coupon: cjcdollar

Mydomain.com
Price: $6.95
Coupon: HTMLI.INFO

Moniker.com
Price: $10.95

Dynadot.com
Price: $8.95

Domainsite.com
Price: $6.99

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why would anyone care about .info at this stage?

Due to these kind of stupid offers it's become a totally worthless TLD

jmcc

It is not completely worthless. However it is a heavily subsidised TLD. In terms of credibility, it is nowhere near .com or a ccTLD.

Regards...jmcc

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Afilias are meant to be taking steps to address this from what I've gathered, but I can't see things changing in the short term

Any .info domains I have are purely for brand protection purposes.

nevf

i can only think of one website that actually uses .info as their primary domain and not as just a parked domain...

nevf

Yep. Well I could think of more, but inside ireland, i can only really think of one.. helm . Most websites in Ireland use .com, .net, .ie, and for a smaller part - .eu

.info is pretty rare...

jmcc

Afilias are meant to be taking steps to address this from what I've gathered, but I can't see things changing in the short term
If Afilias took any action on this, it would probably cut the .info domain count up to 50%. Without subsidisation .info would be at .biz levels (circa 2M domains regged).

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

Yep. Well I could think of more, but inside ireland, i can only really think of one.. helm . Most websites in Ireland use .com, .net, .ie, and for a smaller part - .eu

.info is pretty rare...
Very rare. I'd think that for commerce, most Irish sites would now be .ie rather than .com. The usage in a ccTLD tends to be at least twice that of .com or other gTLDs. In Irish terms (and global terms) the .eu is a non-entity. The over all usage figure for .eu websites was approximately 13.37% in January 2008. A lot of those active .eu sites would be blogs. But as a primary brand TLD it is not used. The .net or even .org is more prevalent. Ironically the second most active ccTLD in Ireland is .uk and at least 8K .co.uk domains are hosted on Irish hosters.

Regards...jmcc

helloname

I dont't totally agree with yours statement. There are still quite a number of people using .info domain to build website. As an example, some of the famous .info domain website are webhosting.info and prchecker.info. Besides, some webmaster registered .info in the beginning due to the low price of .info and now it's the time for them to make renewals. All the coupon code I posted above is to make .info owner to save some bucks while they make the .info renewals.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
webhosting.info was registered during the .info sunrise, as they couldn't get the domain in any other TLD

I still don't see much value in a .info

jmcc

webhosting.info was registered during the .info sunrise, as they couldn't get the domain in any other TLD
That 1984 Indian trademark "for Web Hosting "should have been properly investigated.

I still don't see much value in a .info
As it stands, .info is a third/fourth choice TLD for most people. Much of the growth in .info has been heavily subsidised. If the price for a .info had not been so low then it would have been back at .biz levels (circa 2 million domains registered).

Regards...jmcc

Status
Not open for further replies.