My Wordpress Blog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anouilh

...trundles on. This site was set us as a hobby, to give a window onto my Flickr photos. I chose the template for its low-key colour scheme. A more dramatic effect might attract more visitors, but I like things understated. Any comments would be welcome, please.

n3tFl0w

Not bad at all. Some good photos too. Whats with the smiley face in the top right corner of the page?

Anouilh

Thank you for taking time to comment, N3t. I can never tell when people are joking on the Net... though I think your reference to a "Smiley Face" is meant as an amusing jape or aside. At least, I hope so. I cannot see one.

Anouilh

I finally stopped posting to Wordpress. I find Blogger much more efficient and user friendly overall

Valius324

Tea for one.

Not exactly my cup of tea but an interesting site. I like your roll overs in particular. It seems to have a variety of goodies for almost anyone except me...but then again, I keep my cat outside in the rain!

Thumbs up and nice work.

Anouilh

Thank you for taking time to reply. I am curious about my lack of enthusiasm for Wordpress. Perhaps it appeals more to expert programmers and true geeks? I'm glad you like the rollovers. Wordpress has one feature that really pleased me, the tag categories: WordPress › Support Tags — rollover Don't worry about the cat. They love being out of doors and always seem to find a safe haven out of the rain.

IASP71

Very nice site. You could look at changing the background theme/colour for a bit of variety each season, but the site is easy on the eye and simple to use. Well Done.

Anouilh

Thank you for the good idea about changing the template to suit the seasons. I wonder if it is worth analysing the users of Wordpress and Blogger according to age and computer literacy? It took me quite a while to get Wordpress up and running and I still return to my Blogger space with much more enthusiasm. The geeky widgets and extras associated with Wordpress always seem to slow me up. Also, I have Askmet running and now nobody seems to get through the security wall, even those who might wish to leave a "bona fide" comment. I stopped leaving comments on Wordpress blogs months ago, because it was such a chore. In one case, the comment was pursued by an expert, found in the vastness of the filter system and uploaded manually after more than a day or so. It would be useful to know what other bloggers think.

Anouilh

You could look at changing the background theme/colour for a bit of variety each season, .

I've been thinking about this. If one changes to a different template in Wordpress, are comments and other pieces of data lost? Changing template in Blogger is a bit like starting with a new slate, so I don't usually do it. It's easier to start off a new blog, perhaps?

n3tFl0w

If you chnage theme in wordpress then no - They do not get removed. Some themes have a different way of displaying them however.

Anouilh

Thanks for that advice. I decided to just try out a new template in a second blog. There seems to be quite a bit of choice when it comes to templates on Wordpress, so I decided on a black background. Colours seem to shine a bit better in contrast. Dublinoise

Geoff

Some of the words are a little hard to read in the smaller font, however the pictures are really captivating so maybe no one will look at them anyway?

In all it brings an air of calmness, nice work.
Geoff

Anouilh

Thank you, Geoff. I'm now trying to work out the Wordpress Rich text system. Blogger seems a bit more user friendly and obvious, but that is probably because I have very little in the line of coding skill. You are right about the font size, as it is out of proportion on many of the posts and causes me to squint a bit. I'll work on it. I don't know if this plugin is of interest to members here, but it seems useful. I'll try it out next week. WordPress › WP-chgFontSize WordPress Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.