Status
Not open for further replies.

beach_bum

Hello all,

I have very limited experience of content management systems. I helped train employees in how to update their website using a CMS but thats about it.

I have a client at the moment who wants a photo section and a news section on their website that they can update with photos and news themselves. Is this very complicated to achieve? Is there any freeware or shareware available for something like this?

They may want a user login section on the page and that then once logged in they can update the photo and news section- is this different again?

Have looked around the forum for someone in a similar situation but I think my problem is far more basic than most others. I have not yet started the website- trying to figure out how complicated it would be before fully committing to it- Im used to doing brochure type websites and this is obviously more advanced but I would like to learn more and advance my skills too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even a nudge in the right direction.
Thanks in advance! :)

shaneod

How's it going BB,

Hard to know without really knowing your ability level.

Wordpress is a great basic publishing platform, has some gallery plug ins which you would use.

For a more advanced site then you would use Joomla or Drupal, but if you havent used these before then you'll have a lot to learn.

I'm sure there's other systems different people will recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.