Status
Not open for further replies.

webdream

Lol.. just looked at the age of this post...

well, almost 2 years later and going strong.

If anyone fancies a laugh.. or doesn't know what else to do at 3 in the morning or something, maybe have a look at this youtube video.

It seems that we are a victim of our own success to some extent... complement by immitation or something.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eU2RJmpMz8"]YouTube - BEWARE connect2pakistan.com Fraudsters[/ame]

regards all.

p.s. sorry we havn't dropped by for a couple of years - been kinda busy :)

webdream

DMCA Notice of Copyright Infringement

For anyone who happens to come upon this thread. The issue here of website plagarism seems to be on the way to resolution now.

We achieved this by submitting a "DMCA Notice of Copyright Infringement" to the web hosting company where the site is located.

I'm sure many of you web designer heads know all about them... well I did not so that is why I am goinng to mention it here.

We sent the DMCA by fax and email. The hosting company responded very quickly, and later replied with a much more formal response.

Reading between the lines, it looks like they told the offender to get the material removed.

The text and few pages have now been removed, and the offender has contacted us to say that the graphics and design are being modified at this moment.

Once that is done we will remove the youtube video and whatever other blog posts etc. we have control over.

I will post the text of the DMCA in another reply in case anyone ever needs to take similar action.

webdream

DMCA example (some details removed)

16th July 2009

DMCA Notice of Copyright Infringement

Recipient Information:
PSINet, Inc.
1015 31st St. NW
Washington DC
United States of America

re: [http://www.OFFEDINGDOMAIN (IP 38.99.108.14)]

Dear PSINet, Inc.

I, Joel Driver Managing Director of Webdream Solutions Ltd, certify under penalty of perjury, that I am an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights.

I have a good faith belief that the items or materials listed below are not authorized by law for use by the above named domain name owner or their agents and therefore infringes the copyright owner's rights. I hereby demand that you act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material or items claimed to be infringing.

My contact information is as follows:

Webdream Solutions Ltd
Mr Joel Driver (Managing Director)
Email Address : REMOVED
Telephone: +353 REMOVED
ADDRESS REMOVED

Allegedly Infringing items or materials:

The entire website [DOMAIN] has been copied in textual content, graphical design, and concept, from our own business website [OUR DOMAIN]

Infringing material that I demand be disabled or removed in consideration of the above:

[DOMAIN] all content pages that are accessible from an internet browser or other internet capable device.

Location of ORIGINAL WORKS:
The original work can be found here: [OUR DOMAIN]

Yours sincerely,

J. Driver
Managing Director
Webdream solutions ltd

Byron

An interesting case study of what can go wrong!

You should leave it online really if you legally can, it's interesting reading

Byron

webdream

plagarism case resolved

Our dispute with connect2pakistin[dot]com has now been resolved.

We sent a 'DMCA Notice of Copyright Infringement' to the hosting company and the offending website was removed.

As I have no particular interest in maintaining a dispute with the offenders, I have now removed the youtube video and blog posts that highlighed the plagarism etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.