Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Enlarging the text on mouse-overs - annoying

Scrolling news - annoying

"Request a Quotation" surely?

Under SEO - 300-400 quality links - highly dubious

jhegarty

I am sure I had that over fussy background on a site in 1996.

As link8r said , those move-overs have to go.

And that "quality 100% guaranteed" usually only appears on sites of very questionable quality.

crazzy_webber

ah cmon guys, be nice - I am sure there are +ve's aswell...why everyone is negative!

Btw, comment about using bg in 1996. Back then we had PI, 16MB RAM, Monochrome Display. Internet wasnt available in many coutries and CSS/ LCD was considered as science fiction.

Now I hardly believe that my bg would have workeD! ;)

- Point taken, I will remove that big text in hyperlink mouse over.

Well, I can do a good SEO - dont believe me, then join. ha!

Conor O'Nolan

Background is so suitable for a furnishing company.
Hate white text on black, except for headlines.
Hate scrolling news, irritating and hard to click a link.

link8r

ah cmon guys, be nice - I am sure there are +ve's aswell...why everyone is negative!

Btw, comment about using bg in 1996. Back then we had PI, 16MB RAM, Monochrome Display. Internet wasnt available in many coutries and CSS/ LCD was considered as science fiction.

Now I hardly believe that my bg would have workeD! ;)

- Point taken, I will remove that big text in hyperlink mouse over.

Well, I can do a good SEO - dont believe me, then join. ha!

"I can do a good SEO" ?

You asked for a site review of a business. Whats the point of taking it personally. Nobody was "not nice" - you got what you asked for. Unfortunately for your business, the majority of feedback was that the site had elements nobody liked. That was good, free advice - which is quite nice in itself dont you think?

In terms of SEO - how do you offer up to 300 "quality" links? How can that be anywhere near quality? How many of those links are on spurious/questionable pay-for-link directories or spammy sites? I would guess 99%.

How do you give a pre-set package of link building for SEO when you don't know how little or how much competition there is or even which search phrases the company needs to target?

mccomf

black hat

I think your website has been discussed already here:
Code:
xxx.irishwebmasterforum.com/search-engine-optimisation/7664-black-hat-search-engine-optimization-technique.html
Replace xxx with www

mrtwister

hi dude

i will not discourage you

its good but can be much better if you improve your cover page

actually your page is not clearly reflecting what your site is about

just sort out things systematically...

all the best

smartcube

Hi,

I think that you site is decent technically but from the content point of view its quite full on. There are images and links everywhere (or at least thats how it felt).

The style is not bad just maybe a bit of decluttering?

HTH

Gareth

emb

I personally don't like the text in blue and I think the site is too busy.

As for a positive note, I think all the options that a user would look for are present.

jogoeire

A front page should be broken down into modules not just a big welcome statement. ie front page looks like a sub page.

zunderhill

i agree with some of the previous comments. The home page looks cluttered and has a lot going on. I think your message is lost a little in all the activity.

Don't think it would be hard to correct that though, if you wanted too.

MickRegan

Definitely agree that a bit of decluttering is in order.

Couple of other things:

FF3.5 - Intermittent - but when I hover over the 'website design' link in the centre column it starts flickering.

When I google 'link:yoursite' I get 8 results, so i'd rethink the commitment to 300 inbounds etc. Maybe offer a link strategy service or similar?

I think i'd drop the 'Market it. Duh?' on the top headline and just leave it as a question. (Or at least drop the 'Duh').

On the plus side plenty of content, so its probably only minor tweaks required overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.