Register.ie (Digiweb) Scam .co Domains Summer 2011 Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFlicks

Register.ie Digiweb .co Introductory offer scam

A few months ago (August time) Register.ie had an introductory offer on for .co domains where a person could register .co domains for just over 4 Euro

I know I purchased 4 of them.

Recently I received an invoice from register.ie saying I owed them for the domain registration of the four domains again even though there was 200 plus days left before they we're due for the second years registration.

I wrote back telling them that I knew at least one person Ciaran Dunlevy a talented Irish artist (Galway area) for example who had also had this same problem but had managed to sort this with register.ie and they had admitted their billing system had mistakenly issued the invoices for the extra payment.

So I replied to their invoice and they did not get back to me.

I waited and sent another email. Still no reply.

This week I find Register.ie have taken over 120 Euro from my partners bank account ( the person whose card was used for the original just over 4 Euro purchases x 4).

Now as I say this was very unexpected as an introductory offer to register a domain at a price just over 4 Euro should legally be just that. EG an introductory offer that covers the first years registration. Not so in the Register.ie (Digiweb) case.

I have had this 120 Euro plus bill to pay my partner when in effect this is just a scam perpetuated by Register.ie (Digiweb)

The timing of their scam is quite clever really as no doubt the office Xmas party this year at Register.ie (Digiweb) was not short of money to spend as they have conned at least 3 other people that I know of in regards to this .co introductory offer and who knows how many others?

Which is what I would like to find out!

So has anyone else had unexpected bills from Register.ie in connection to the .co domains offer back in the summer or does anyone know anyone who knows anyone who has experienced this problem with Register.ie (Digiweb)?

Byron

Never had any issues:

1). Check the small print,
2). If it's a personal credit card, download their TOS, print it, and send a copy to the NCA with a complaint.

If neither of this solve the issue, you are probably out of luck.

FergusM

Why should we consumers be out of luck? €120 is exorbitant even by .ie standards, so small print be dammed, keep this post alive and go on any other forums you can until they wake up. Good luck.

MrFlicks

Why should we consumers be out of luck? €120 is exorbitant even by .ie standards, so small print be dammed, keep this post alive and go on any other forums you can until they wake up. Good luck.
I agree FergusI have had some News on this btw.Register.ie Digiweb have contacted me at long last and are presently (as of last email) saying Yes their billing system went wrong and that I can have a refund. Only a partial refund presently though so am awaiting their further response.FergusM as you are in Galway, if they don't sort it I will get you to give me old friend Michael D a knock if you pass by his up the hill behind Rahoon, LOL maybe as President of Ireland he will be able to help me get my full refund.LOL Just codding but I get the distinct impression Register.ie (Digiweb) have seen this thread form something that was said (revealed shall we say) in the emails.Only kidding about the Michael D thing I have better plans for him and am hoping Niall O Loughlin (Caricaturist) will be able to help me with.PS The Ciaran DunLevy I mentioned who did get his same problem with register.ie sorted more timely is the one who did the mural at Sally Longs of the Rock N Roll artists that is a really great Galway attraction (well IMHO it is!)

FergusM

Great result. Delighted to hear that and yes I think they probably did find this thread. Generally big companies in Ireland believe that they do not have to engage with their small customers. So once again good result and let us know if they do or do not follow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.