The New Reg365 Cluster...Migration Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason

I am appalled that one of Irelands largest suppliers of shared hosting have all of a sudden stopped using the industry standard Apache server and are now using Zeus on their new cluster. I am getting so sick of finding out yet more things that are not unavailable to me since switching to the new cluster.

Their mod_rewrite (or rewrite.script) thingy doesn't work. The web based utility for converting htaccess rules tells me that the script has converted and validated correctly, then when I apply it, it tells me it can't because there are errors (without telling me what the errors are).

I am getting sick of this. I finally got a subdomain name resolving through DNS and have code uploaded and ready to go, instead I just get a Namesco splash screen regardless of what file I request under the root directory of the subdomain.

You'd think that DNS updates would be the worst part of having to migrate from one shared host to another, but nooooo!, they have engineered a way to introduce several more hurdles for the craic. :mad:

harlemangel

Jason
Thanks for the heads up on this. This is just confirming the decision I made to switch hosts. While it had its reputation of poor support in the early days, the old Hosting365 was a lot more stable in my opinion. The sell of the Reg365 part of the business has been nothing short of a disaster for us shared hosting customers.

letsmove

Thanks Jason, I'll be another one leaving these jokers...Cant understand why they would move to Zeus and screw up so many sites. have they no idea about how everyone feels about their service? some joke!!

Dissenter

I've also had nothing but problems moving to the new clusters. I've had to keep my old hosting package open and move two websites back to that as the new hosting was incompatible; one with a phpBB forum (and phpMyAdmin), and another with AWStats, which isn't supported on the new hosting. Their customers service were useless and basically passed the buck, telling me to check out the phpBB forums! They also keep closing my tickets, even though the problem hasn't been resolved.

link8r

Reseller Accounts

Does anyone other hoster in Ireland offer Reseller hosting ? like different control panels for clients? Linux only even?

link8r

sorry, I should have said: anyone else other than {register365; letsnothost; hosting365; other cowboys}

Status
Not open for further replies.