Urgent Need Help - Online Payment to Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kieran

Hi All

One of my for cost sites Kerry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre 1800 63 33 33 (don't critique I did it in an hour from a template a few years ago for cost) has just exploded with traffic. It is a Rape Crisis Centre in Tralee and they have bank details on the site to allow people lodge to an AIB account. It is in the news at the moment for a local rape case.

My Question...
Is there any cookie cutter code out there that will allow me put some code in their to allow people donate online to the account in question?

The traffic to site has gone from single digits to 0ver 1200 this AM and it would be good to help them by putting such a form there to make it easier to donate.

If you have any contacts on online payments who could help out this important cause it would be greatly appreciated.

kieran@grangewebdesign.com for direct e-mail.

paul

Ninja
Could you set up a PayPal account and accept donations that way, with Laser & CC cards. There are fees, but it's better than nothing. There isn't any direct way you can put a form to donate into AIB, unless you are going to go with some Merchant account option, which is costly and complicated.

Alternatively you could get people to send their name, address and you can contact them with a form for them to sign authorising a donation.

K

Kieran

Can I set up a ujnique account from my current Paypal that the group can access as I am not part of the organisation and they don't ahva Paypla and that takes a few weeks to set up.

paul

Ninja
You should be able to set PayPal up with just a unique email address. You can verify it at a later stage if needed.

PayPal doesn't do sub a/c's AFAIK.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing with Paypal that you may need to watch out for is validation etc., If your account suddenly gets very very active, then they may limit it

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's not an issue if you have a fully validated business account ..
Account validation isn't that big of an issue if you are organised

K

Kieran

Agree and understand but they were/are just caught completely by surprise.

Investigating the 'normal' online options at the moment for them though including Paypal and Realex...

jonathanforde

Hi Kieran,

I work on the business development team in Realex Payments. We would be delighted to help you get something up on the site to help you take donations for the Centre. We offer special rates for charities which involve a flat fee per transaction rather than having to pay a percentage fee.
The only potential problem I can see to getting this up and running is that in order to accept payments with a PSP like Realex you will require a Merchant ID from one of the acquiring banks, AIB Merchant Services, Elavon or Ulsterbank. This normally takes two to three weeks and I think that these banks have probably stopped issuing MIDs for the year. If the centre already has a MID for credit card payments (even one for customer present transactions) perhaps they could contact their account manager and see if an E commerce MID can be created asap. If you'd like to take this discussion offline please feel free to PM me or call me at 012808559

K

Kieran

Thanks Jonathan and everyone for your help.

To be honest I think they have been caught on the hop this time and with some simple planning would have been ready for this. They are a 3 person group and their MD has been on radio all day speaking on national and local radio and they should have anticipated traffic for such a hot issues as it is all over the news.

If they had let me know earlier I could have worked with them getting this up and running and even re-designed the site as it is far from a winner of any design prizes so the site isn't doing me any favours either (selfish me speaking here !)

As I type the traffic continues to grow - if only....

Status
Not open for further replies.