Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy

cheers Frodo - am tempted to publish the mobile numbers :)) no ETA on power restoration. Terrifying.

dude

H365... bah.

Has anyone else been bothered by their blase attitude towards taking money off their customers credit cards? (i.e. unannounced and random amounts?)

I wish I wasn't in a contract with them.

davidbehan

This is a ****ing joke!!!! Totally unacceptable.

Not the first time either. Remember the esb substation fire thing last year!!!

dude

Not the first time either. Remember the esb substation fire thing last year!!!

Yep. And they posted on boards.ie before they contacted their customers. And then they had the cheek to tell me my website was only offline for an hour or so (when it was in fact offline for most of the day.)

davidbehan

Update: Power has been restored but no sign of sites yet. How long for a full system reboot to take effect do you think?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Update: Power has been restored but no sign of sites yet. How long for a full system reboot to take effect do you think?
It would depend on what was affected I imagine

You'll have two sides to this:

- the physical servers. If they've been up for a long time and were busy a sudden power loss could lead to "interesting" issues

- DNS

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
yea they claim to be back up
Power Issues - 15th June - 10:35am at hosting365status

But trace routes all failing internally at h365

edit: here is why

Update - 11.18am - Power has been restored. A further information update will be posted as soon as we have more information. Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused here.
Update 2 - 11.53am - 2 of our 3 nameservers are having issues, which is resulting in the mail servers not functioning as well as affecting about 50% of our shared hosting. Resolution of the DNS issue is being worked on and this post will be updated as soon as this is solved.

Fintan

I have sites hosted with H365 and this down time has definitely cost me enough money that it hurts.

My question is this, what should I be looking for to avoid such a situation in the future?

Is running 10 sites with a target of 100% uptime expensive?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Is running 10 sites with a target of 100% uptime expensive?

That depends.

This site and my other ones are on a couple of my own servers.

The only time they go offline is when I do something dumb :)

To answer your query - costs would vary depending on who you ask and what they offer you in return, but if you are doing serious business online then a dedicated server with a reliable hosting provider is the way to go

lostie

We're Still down, on both our sites. And to make it worse we got a call from a guy this morning saying he was in the middle of buying a load of books off us when the site went down :mad: not happy with hosting365. They should really have some sort of backup to deal with this kinda thing.

Fintan

That depends.

This site and my other ones are on a couple of my own servers.

The only time they go offline is when I do something dumb :)

To answer your query - costs would vary depending on who you ask and what they offer you in return, but if you are doing serious business online then a dedicated server with a reliable hosting provider is the way to go

I don't have the experience or time to run my own server but would be looking for a managed solution.

So is 100% up-time achievable in Ireland for a reasonable cost?
If things go wrong, and the site goes down do the SLA's really have any use or is it like trying to claim off a warranty on a PC?

I would be interested to learn from other peoples experience with this area.

Cheers

Fintan

Status
Not open for further replies.