Joomla quick start

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzi

Hi,
I agreed to put up a CMS website for someone but I should have it done ages ago (I am a bit pressed for time but I don't want to let him down). I plan to use Joomla and I need to get something up quickly for him but I haven't time to learn about it.
If I could just get a little bit done it would give me breathing space for a while. What is the quickest way to put up a simple basic Joomla site, ideally one that can be done in a day or two? I have webspace and I know a good bit about web dev. already (just not CMS).
Thanks for any replies.

Sinead Hanley

Not sure what you know and where to start but anyway Firstly you need to install Joomla - you can get Joomla free at Joomla!. If you can be more specific I can try and assist more as I'm not sure exactly where you are at.

fonzi

I d'loaded Joomla 1.5, I just basically need to get a CMS online as soon as possible. I want to learn how to use Joomla but not too much detail at the start, just enough to get by.It's kind of like a newsletter website where I can allow users to upload upcoming events.

Sinead Hanley

Email me the website you're talking about?? Do you have a template - basically the layout of the site is dictated by a template - otherwise you need to create some php and css yourself - Jooma doesn't have a built in HTML editor.

fonzi

I have joomla installed now but it puts a lot of stuff I don't want on the homepage: all these articles and links related to Joomla.
I will need to download a template;the site is going to be a kind of newsletter that will be updated by someone other than me.

offloadit

if you install Joomla using Fantastico Deluxe (available in CPanel if you have it) there is an option to install joomla without the sample content. Choose this otherwise it will take ages to delete the Sample Joomla content

fonzi

if you install Joomla using Fantastico Deluxe (available in CPanel if you have it) there is an option to install joomla without the sample content. Choose this otherwise it will take ages to delete the Sample Joomla content

:)Tell me about it. I saw your post too late. I managed to get rid of all the Joomla banners, links etc. but it took ages. I don't have that Fantastico Deluxe in my control panel (my host is register365).
Edit:I am OK now, I managed to get something up and running.

sandeepji

Hi, for joomla you just visit "http://www.joomla.org/" and it gives whole information like it's latest version which is - "joomla 1.6 beta-4",as well as how to install it and many more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.