SkoolCraic.com - Irish. Skool. Craic. - Review/ Suggestion's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOlarpitch

Hi Guys,

Its my first post here on the forum. How are we all?

I recently launched SkoolCraic.com with a mate of mine only last week (Wednesday 27th) It's basically a new Irish site for sharing funny, crazy, random stories from your skool days. User's can then rate stories, comment etc..

We had a decent amount of interest in the idea since it's launch, SPIN 103.8 picked up on it and ran a piece on their Breakfast Xpress morning show yesterday. There will be 2 other station's doing pieces on it over the next week.

The sites there as a hobby between the 2 of us and we really only set it up for the craic ... literally. We're very keen on expanding the project and adding new features!

If anyone would like to throw in some feedback or possible suggestion's for the site... that would be excellent. :)

Thanks lads,

Gerard

SkoolCraic.com - Irish. Skool. Craic.

nevf

Nice website, good work guys. I like the graffitti and all that in the template :D

GimmeDat

Very Good Site. Not sure if i'd bother creating an account to submit a story though. Maybe an option to stick a story up without registering?

SOlarpitch

@nevF - Thanks!

@GimmeDat - Yeah I agree! A few people have mentioned that to us alright so we did put up a quick upload form where you dont need to register. There's a link on the bottom of the home page. Maybe I'll try and make that link a bit more visual later today!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback lads!

Gavin

You'd probably want to make sure you moderate any comments made by non-members. You never know what kind of hate posts you'll receive on teachers etc.

I like the concept and could see it doing very well.

SOlarpitch

Hi Gavin,

yeah.. were moderating all stories being uploaded. We dont really want to allow people to include the name of their school either because that could cause more hassle down the line than its worth. ;)

At the min you have to be a member to upload comments so that shouldnt be too much of a problem. But we will still monitor. :)

Thanks man!

Gavin

Good call on not naming names as it could bring a lot of legal grief. It was actually the first thing I was looking for when reading through the posts.

SOlarpitch

yeah exactly! .. were thinking about opening the site to the UK and USA also which may make things a bit more interesting! We've had a tone of hits from both regions. Maybe introduce a profile script where user's can click and view other members profiles and leave comments etc etc....

A sorta mini social network script in a way... I'm not sure! :confused: what ya think on that? or what would be the best way to approach it?

SOlarpitch

We dont. I havent really looked into RSS feeds too much to be honest but I can see where your coming from. Would defiantly be a good idea. I think the way to go to add a little bit more interactivity is too include some sort of social network element. Just something basic and not too complicated. Thats what we might look into doing over the next few weeks.

I'm gonna look into the RSS feeds for defo!

Thanks man.

D

Davthalas

Great website man, however:

you have 46 html validation errors, which is pretty bad but it doesn't seem to be causing any display errors in different browsers so you could leave it for a while.

SOlarpitch

Thanks man.

Yeah, we're really busy working on other projects too so we couldn't allocate a whole lot of time for development. We'll clean alot of it up over the coming weeks anyway. Like you said, it doesn't seem to be causing problems in different browser's thankfully. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.