Wordpress Encrypted Footer Links

Discussion in 'Coding Help' started by MPC, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MPC

MPC New Member

Normally I find it quite easy to remove footer links from wp themes however I have a theme which has the following lines in the functions.php file

<?php
    eval(str_rot13('shapgvba purpx_sbbgre(){$y=\'<n uers="uggc://jjj.fxvacerff.pbz/">Serr jbeqcerff gurzrf</n> ol <n uers="uggc://jjj.engrzlubfg.pbz/">Jro Ubfgvat Erivrjf</n>, <n uers="uggc://jjj.erongrurnira.pbz/vkjroubfgvat.ugzy">VKjroubfgvat</n> naq <n uers="uggc://jjj.jroubfgvatcnq.pbz/">Jro Ubfgvat</n>\';$s=qveanzr(__SVYR__).\'/sbbgre.cuc\';$sq=sbcra($s,\'e\');$p=sernq($sq,svyrfvmr($s));spybfr($sq);vs(fgecbf($p,$y)==0){rpub \'Guvf gurzr vf eryrnfrq haqre perngvir pbzzbaf yvprapr, nyy yvaxf va gur sbbgre fubhyq erznva vagnpg\';qvr;}}purpx_sbbgre();'));
    eval(str_rot13('shapgvba purpx_urnqre(){vs(!(shapgvba_rkvfgf("purpx_shapgvbaf")&&shapgvba_rkvfgf("purpx_s_sbbgre"))){rpub(\'Guvf gurzr vf eryrnfrq haqre perngvir pbzzbaf yvprapr, nyy yvaxf va gur sbbgre fubhyq erznva vagnpg\');qvr;}}'));
    ?>

any idea how i can get rid of this and still have a working footer?

there is no actual encrypted text in the footer.php file however if i make even a slight change to the sponsored links, the theme will not work anymore

Thanks

2. louie

louie New Member

that's what that code does:
    Code:
    riny(fge_ebg13('function check_footer(){$l=\'<a href="[URL]http://www.skinpress.com/">Free[/URL] wordpress themes</a> by <a href="[URL]http://www.ratemyhost.com/">Web[/URL] Hosting Reviews</a>, <a href="[URL]http://www.rebateheaven.com/ixwebhosting.html">IXwebhosting</a[/URL]> and <a href="[URL]http://www.webhostingpad.com/">Web[/URL] Hosting</a>\';$f=dirname(__FILE__).\'/footer.php\';$fd=fopen($f,\'r\');$c=fread($fd,file size($f));fclose($fd);if(strpos($c,$l)==0){echo \'This theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact\';die;}}check_footer();'));
    riny(fge_ebg13('function check_header(){if(!(function_exists("check_functio ns")&&function_exists("check_f_footer"))){echo(\'T his theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact\');die;}}'));

3. MPC

MPC New Member

cheers for the reply. I tried copying that code in instead of the encrypted code but i got a "Fatal error: Call to undefined function riny()" message.

Sorry, I don't know much about php. any ideas?

4. MPC

MPC New Member

got this sorted now. thanks

5. lukeat

lukeat New Member

ouch, obfustication hurts my brain. not fun tracking all the braces and function names and returns etc... euagh..

6. irishdesign78

irishdesign78 New Member

I have similar 2 pieces of code in my functions.php

Could someone decode this for me?

eval(str_rot13('shapgvba purpx_sbbgre(){$y=\'Gurzr ol <n uers="uggc://jjj.jroubfgvatercbeg.pbz/">Jro Ubfgvat</n>\';$s=qveanzr(__SVYR__).\'/sbbgre.cuc\';$sq=sbcra($s,\'e\');$p=sernq($sq,svyrfvmr($s));spybfr($sq);vs(fgecbf($p,$y)==0){rpub \'Guvf gurzr vf eryrnfrq haqre perngvir pbzzbaf yvprapr, nyy yvaxf va gur sbbgre fubhyq erznva vagnpg\';qvr;}}purpx_sbbgre();'));

eval(str_rot13('shapgvba purpx_urnqre(){vs(!(shapgvba_rkvfgf("purpx_shapgvbaf")&&shapgvba_rkvfgf("purpx_s_sbbgre"))){rpub(\'Guvf gurzr vf eryrnfrq haqre perngvir pbzzbaf yvprapr, nyy yvaxf va gur sbbgre fubhyq erznva vagnpg\');qvr;}}'));

7. louie

louie New Member

Code:
    function check_footer(){$l='Theme by [COLOR=#0000ff]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]a[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]href[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="http://www.webhostingreport.com/">[/COLOR]Web Hosting[COLOR=#0000ff]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]a[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR]';$f=dirname(__FILE__).'/footer.php';$fd=fopen($f,'r');$c=fread($fd,filesize($f));fclose($fd);if(strpos($c,$l)==0){echo 'This theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact';die;}}check_footer();function check_header(){if(!(function_exists("check_functions")&&function_exists("check_f_footer"))){echo('This theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact');die;}}

8. irishdesign78

irishdesign78 New Member

How did you get it sorted?

Thank you Louie. That code solved it. May I ask how you decoded it?

9. louie

louie New Member

you change the "eval" to "echo".

"str_rot13" is a php standard function to encrypt/decrpypt text

10. GimmeDat

GimmeDat New Member

11. maxwell

maxwell New Member

Decoding help!

Can someone help me to decode the code please?

-------------------------------------

eval(str_rot13('shapgvba purpx_sbbgre(){$y=\'Gurzr ol <n uers="uggc://jjj.jroubfgvatercbeg.pbz/orfg-purnc-jro-ubfgvat.ugzy">Purnc Jro Ubfgvat</n>\';$s=qveanzr(__SVYR__).\'/sbbgre.cuc\';$sq=sbcra($s,\'e\');$p=sernq($sq,svyrfvmr($s));spybfr($sq);vs(fgecbf($p,$y)==0){rpub \'Guvf gurzr vf eryrnfrq haqre perngvir pbzzbaf yvprapr, nyy yvaxf va gur sbbgre fubhyq erznva vagnpg\';qvr;}}purpx_sbbgre();'));

12. louie

louie New Member

Code:
    function check_footer(){$l='Theme by [URL="http://www.webhostingreport.com/best-cheap-web-hosting.html"][COLOR=#0000ff]Cheap Web Hosting[/COLOR][/URL]';$f=dirname(__FILE__).'/footer.php';$fd=fopen($f,'r');$c=fread($fd,filesize($f));fclose($fd);if(strpos($c,$l)==0){echo 'This theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact';die;}}check_footer();08-07-2009 07:32:30

as said before change "eval" to "echo"

13. maxwell

maxwell New Member

syntax error

Many thanks dear louie , when I try to change the code inside the function.php I'm getting the Parse error: syntax error. where exactly do I need change "eval" to "echo"?

I have the 2 codes in teh functions.php:

code one : 1

eval(str_rot13('shapgvba purpx_sbbgre(){$y=\'Gurzr ol <n uers="uggc://jjj.jroubfgvatercbeg.pbz/orfg-purnc-jro-ubfgvat.ugzy">Purnc Jro Ubfgvat</n>\';$s=qveanzr(__SVYR__).\'/sbbgre.cuc\';$sq=sbcra($s,\'e\');$p=sernq($sq,svyrfvmr($s));spybfr($sq);vs(fgecbf($p,$y)==0){rpub \'Guvf gurzr vf eryrnfrq haqre perngvir pbzzbaf yvprapr, nyy yvaxf va gur sbbgre fubhyq erznva vagnpg\';qvr;}}purpx_sbbgre();'));

code: 2

14. louie

louie New Member

You create a new blank php file, copy & paste the code, replace eval with echo and run it to see the decoded text.

15. maxwell

maxwell New Member

syntax error

I used the code inside an test.php file as below : <?php
    echo function check_footer(){$l='Theme by Cheap Web Hosting';$f=dirname(__FILE__).'/footer.php';$fd=fopen($f,'r');$c=fread($fd,filesize($f));fclose($fd);if(strpos($c,$l)==0){echo 'This theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact';die;}}check_footer();08-07-2009 07:32:30 ?>

and getting this error:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/vacation/public_html/test.php

cheers

16. louie

louie New Member

you copy and paste the encrypted code.

17. maxwell

maxwell New Member

this is the encrypted code you given . I have copy and past it in a blank php file but getting teh syntax error , can you please be a bit specific.

many thanks

18. Forbairt

Forbairt Portfolio Building

dude just break it down and its quite straight forward

function check_footer()
    {

$l='Theme by Cheap Web Hosting';

$f=dirname(__FILE__).'/footer.php';

$fd=fopen($f,'r');

$c=fread($fd,filesiz e($f));

fclose($fd);

if(strpos($c,$l)==0)
    {
    echo 'This theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact';
    die;
    }
    }

check_footer();

08-07-2009 07:32:30

?>

19. maxwell

maxwell New Member

Thanks forbairt ! I have still problem to understand how to do that. can you please explain a bit so can fix this problem? do u use any kind of messenger to be able to contact you?
    cheers

20. rzjunior

rzjunior New Member

Could someone decrypt this for me please. I do not know very well this thing, so I ne

<?php eval(str_rot13('shapgvba purpx_sbbgre(){
    $y=\'<n uers=
    "uggc://gubhtugzrpunavpf.pbz/grzcyngrf/2011/07/ovfgeb-pbbxvat-erfgenhag-jbeqcerff-gurzr/">
    Erfgenhag & Pbbxvat Jbeqcerff Gurzr</n> -
    Qrfvtarq Ol: Gubhtug Zrpunavpf -
    <n uers=
    "uggc://gubhtugzrpunavpf.pbz/grzcyngrf/2011/07/ovfgeb-pbbxvat-erfgenhag-jbeqcerff-gurzr/">
    Zber Serr Jbeqcerff Gurzrf Urer</n>\';
    $s=qveanzr(__SVYR__).\'/sbbgre.cuc\';$sq=sbcra($s,\'e\');
    $p=sernq($sq,svyrfvmr($s));spybfr($sq);
    vs(fgecbf($p,$y)==0){rpub \'Guvf gurzr vf eryrnfrq haqre perngvir pbzzbaf yvprapr, nyy yvaxf va gur sbbgre fubhyq erznva vagnpg\';qvr;}}purpx_sbbgre();'));?>
    <?php eval(str_rot13('shapgvba purpx_urnqre(){vs(!(shapgvba_rkvfgf("purpx_shapgvbaf")&&shapgvba_rkvfgf("purpx_s_sbbgre"))){rpub(\'Guvf gurzr vf eryrnfrq haqre perngvir pbzzbaf yvprapr, nyy yvaxf va gur sbbgre fubhyq erznva vagnpg\');qvr;}}'));?>