Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

It's very easy to get a pr3 (don't mean to burst your bubble), by acquiring few links from high PR websites (3>)

Anyway, congratulation.

Toiletroll

It's very easy to get a pr3 (don't mean to burst your bubble), by acquiring few links from high PR websites (3>)

Anyway, congratulation.

Thanks!... Its just exciting to see something! :) .. At least its a step in the right direction. My own website has a PR of 4 an I've never done SEO on it ever! Nice :)

Google has not even counted the link I put on my homepage to the insurance site yet :) Should help it a bit more.. I have a PR 5 link just aquired as well...

Going to work on 4 PR 7's in the coming weeks... This seems to be the best way to go.. I already rank no.1 in yahoo for some of the less competed for keyworkds so I guess thats also a small step in the right direction... hopefully Google will like it too :D

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Congrats ? :) always a good buzz to have PR (but thats about as far as I take it)

majority of my sites seem to have jumped up to 5 (from 3 ish) ... little enough link building on most .. but they've been around a year or two planning on expanding a few of them over the next few months ... more articles / news ... just have to get that signed off on :)

andywozhere

Doesn't the Google PR toobar actually measure your PR from months ago? In reality your actual PR might even be higher now! I just had my PR go from 1 to 3 which is good and all, but I don't expect a radical increase in traffic (although that would be nice). To be number 1 for "motor insurance" sounds pretty good going though, well done!

Toiletroll

Doesn't the Google PR toobar actually measure your PR from months ago? In reality your actual PR might even be higher now! I just had my PR go from 1 to 3 which is good and all, but I don't expect a radical increase in traffic (although that would be nice). To be number 1 for "motor insurance" sounds pretty good going though, well done!

Hi - I am on "page 1" spot 10 for "motor insurance" :) ... and its only yahoo! :p

For "Motor Insurance Quotes" I am no. 1 but who searches for that? Maybe 1,000 per month compined with the plural :)

Still though... its a buzz...

I am releasing a press release on monday and thats going to rock - I hope! :D

trelog

Congratz to you then, but getting PR3 is not hard, getting anything higher than PR3 can be difficult though. I wish you all the good luck for the future!

fairlight

Same situation (!), took me 3 months to get from PR0 to PR3 but strangely it shows PR3 for pure domain domain.ie and when I type domain.ie/index.php it shows PR0. I don't understand it since it's basically the same page. Would anyone explain please, whats the reason behind it?

Fairlight

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
going to guess all your links point to / and not to index.php

Your home link probably points to / as well ?

As such google / other search engines don't really know that its index.php and as such index.php is seen as a somewhat separate page completely.

Toiletroll

As such google / other search engines don't really know that its index.php and as such index.php is seen as a somewhat separate page completely.

How convenient. So can we set up some sort of redirect for this also??

EDIT - Yep, going to check it out in ISAPI rewrite... Thanks :)

fairlight

Thanks for your suggestion, I bet it's the reason behind it because I had to link to index.php at some stage of development and thats how there are two "types" of links to the same page. Now need to fix it somehow... maybe with mod-rewrite. Got to check it.

Fairlight

louie

you could add this to your .htaccess file

Code:
# redirect all other domains to domain.ie
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.domain.ie
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.domain/$1 [R=301,L,NC]
#redirect index.php or htm to /
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^GET .*/index.(htm|html|php) HTTP
RewriteRule ^(.*)index.(htm|html|php)$ /$1 [R=301,L]

this code will redirect the index.php or html or htm to /
also will redirect all url without the www. to www . domain....

Status
Not open for further replies.