Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Well a website that sprung up 6 years ago wouldn't need to optimize as much as a new or younger website. Let them try to set up a new website from scratch and see how they get on without seo. :)

Cormac

I would say that the most important policy regarding search optimisation is never allowing your programmers to try any kind of SEO at all.

Ah yes, the build it and they will come policy. No wonder why he is dropping down the SERPS!

EdenWeb

Yawn yawn yawn!
The site probably has a lot of good quality incoming links built up over the years.

Also, people don't just pay for Pay per click campaigns because they're not ranking well on the organics. They're paying for the eyeballs of highly qualified prospects who have a strong interest in what you have to offer.

And even more importantly, his web site is down right now. :)

TheMenace

Personally I think it's ridiculous if any of you expect SEO to be a life-long vocation. I would strongly recommend getting some strong production skills before the market dries up.

Redfly

Personally I think it's ridiculous if any of you expect SEO to be a life-long vocation. I would strongly recommend getting some strong production skills before the market dries up.

I fully agree with you Ken. It is not. Any business model based or relying on the business model of something else is doomed to fail. However, even if it was a "fad" it is still worth incorporating into an overall marketing mix (While it is still possible). THAT has been proven.

All the fuss about this article is that:
1) It is completely subjective
2) There is no feedback mechanism
3) A "journalist" is not giving all the facts (Whats new?)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
All the fuss about this article is that:
1) It is completely subjective
2) There is no feedback mechanism
3) A "journalist" is not giving all the facts (Whats new?)

1 - so true. As already pointed out - an older site will have backlinks and reputation that a new site will have to work a lot harder to earn

2 - Do they have comments enabled on their "blog"?

3 - Why does this surprise anyone? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.